Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
    Post Thanks / Like
    ye ..it works with all rotarys - the flite too

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone run one yet... and yes there is an advantage to the life of your motor.
    Recently my Halo will suddenly increase its speed, both of em and I have changed RCA cords and even the transformer cord. So apparently the crital cx-2 i am using is havign an issue.
    Usually happens after an hour or two of tattooing... i will be tattooing around 6 volts and i will feel it increase to around 7 or 8 volts for a while and go back down.
    seriously pissing me off. The quote below is from the swashdrive website.

Finally a power supply built for rotary's.

For the last 15 mths we have been working closely with an electrical engineer to develop a reliable power supply for our Swashdrive tattoo machines.

The Spinner is a digital power supply that offers a clean, ripple free DC current to ensure the long life of your rotary motors.

Some power supplies use power switching to mimic lower voltages, effectively turn the power on and off to replicate a reduced voltage, this stop start delivery of power if not at a high enough Hz will eventually damage the motor and reduce its

life.

Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    that's weird. I use my critical cx1-v2 everyday with gen 8 and neo vivace. never do I have a change in volts. have you ran your halo on another power supply to see if its the machine vs. power supply? also my buddy went to best buy and bought this insane surge protector. looks like a small pc tower, lol. if we were to lose power at the shop his machine would still run for up to 30 minutes with the surge protector he has. im thinking about getting one. he says its the cleanest current he has ever used

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im gonna run a different power supply today to see if that is the real problem...
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi crabink, did you ever resolve the issue with your halo changing speed, I'm having the same issue.