Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    Vivace period.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I only ask because I really don't have much experience I had a few different nice rotarys only to sell them and go back to coils. I now use a direct drive with a mabuchi motor that I've been pretty happy with for black and grey. Still prefer coils for color but want to try the Dan kubin mini cranker. I liked my cheap as stealth for color and figure this could be similar only better.

Post Thanks / Like
    what ones have u tried^^

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I had a bishop, rotary works, stealth and a blitz. I used the bishop the most and always had trouble with the needle clip and not getting the right bend in the needle. IF i had the needle set up perfect then it worked great but it seemed I somtimes had trouble getting that sweet spot. The blitz and rotary works I did not use enough to really even give them a good go. I started using coils again and just got better heals. I sold all my rotarys except the stealth and started using it again with less needle hand and actually started getting some good nice results with them. Ive never really bent my needles much but with rotarys it seems like i really need that needle snug against the bottom of the tube for them to work for me unlike with coils. So now I kinda want to give them another go, just useing less needle hang then I did before seems to be the trick. I am in the middle of escrow on a house and have not allowed my self to buy any machines untill this house thing goes through which has been a year in the making. Its been killing me haha

Post Thanks / Like
    i have many rotary works and they are really great machines. the mini cranker is next for me also...

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattood View Post
    i have many rotary works and they are really great machines. the mini cranker is next for me also...
    forgot i had an hm as well

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm digging my impact, its got loads of torque at low volts so that even I can whip with it and vibrates so little if it didn't make a bit of noise my nerve damaged hands wouldn't know it was on. Can't compare it to Ray's flagship Vivace as I don't have one but its much smoother than the Bishop I had and my original Neotat although the latter isn't really a fair comparison as they aren't in the same price bracket. If Ray ever sends me my Vivace I'd happily do a head to head comparison.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by The Limey View Post
    I'm digging my impact, its got loads of torque at low volts so that even I can whip with it and vibrates so little if it didn't make a bit of noise my nerve damaged hands wouldn't know it was on. Can't compare it to Ray's flagship Vivace as I don't have one but its much smoother than the Bishop I had and my original Neotat although the latter isn't really a fair comparison as they aren't in the same price bracket. If Ray ever sends me my Vivace I'd happily do a head to head comparison.
    agreed.. all i hear when i use it is the noise of the motor. really awesome machine

Junior Member impact rotary machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by tattood View Post
    agreed.. all i hear when i use it is the noise of the motor. really awesome machine
    I agree as well.ray is the henery ford of rotaries as far as im concerned..

10. Like Lynn mcnew liked this post.