Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

owners of the ego....whatcha think?

so, i know there has been different reviews and discussions about the ego, but, I'm really trying to figure out if i should get one this week or try something else. everything about it really interests me, but for those of you who actually own one, what do u think?is it worth buying one or is it nothing special? thanks for the input

Post Thanks / Like
    dude i got some money in my pocket and its burning a hole.lol.. thinking of getting an ego also

Post Thanks / Like
    i know. I'm so torn. I've been wanting one for a while now but the reviews on here are so inconsistent. i really just wanna know if the plastic body is seen as something that is cheap or will crack n if n e one has had experience with how the customer service is. quality and service is always the two big selling points for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    not sure on quality i have heard great customer service. some have had issuees with being a littlelouder than normal,. from my understanding they just send a new one to u. so that sounds good.. what kind of price range are u looking.. im in the 300-500 range

Post Thanks / Like
    i actually don't even have a price range bc i really shouldn't b spending the money.haha. i have swashdrives, and a nicks machine as well as a not working neuma. i got a brass storm on ebay for $100 bucks that actually works really well also. overall though, my swashdrives n my nicks machine are my daily grinders.i wanna buy the new gen 8, but instead I'm sending my gen 6 to samyo to get fixed ,so i fig for the price, the ego is the most interesting machine out there to me thats not completely unrealistic for me to come up with the money. overall, if u wanna spend $300 on a great machine that u can help design, nicks machines are amazing.im gonna b getting another one after this purchase.really good guy too.

Post Thanks / Like
    im leaning towards the ego to , however i do have two nicks that i love. and sometimes when i try a new machine and go back to his i wonder why i even tryed something else.lol

Post Thanks / Like
    I really like mine. But even with the softest triangles in it, it doesn't have much give. Quite a bit louder than most other rotaries. Definitely need to get an angled rca cord. Because if not the regular rca cords sticks way out and pulls down on the machine. You have to hold the vice screw to tighten up the vice. I put a small o ring on the screw and now it tightens up perfect. It is extremely light weight. Feels like all your holding is the tube. Not much vibration. It doesn't feel like a cheap plastic either. Over all I just use it for my 7 mags. Now this is just my experience with it. I do really like this machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Shawn. That all sounds pretty good. I don't mind if its a lil louder bc I'm sure it will never b as loud as a cool machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I posted a screw swap fix in trouble shooting it's a 6 cent fix for the vice, and it's a great machine. I'm really surprised to hear you say it doesn't have much give Shawn because at 8 volts with a black and yellow triangle setup it's smooth as butter and has alot of give. I actually prefer the black and green or black and purple for color because yellow is to much give to pack for me. I have 2 egos and it's one of the best machines for the money. Yes it has a little buzz to it but nowhere near a coil, it's low vibration, no weight, and can easily keep up with the big boys in the rotary world. Ie: hyper, halo, inkjecta etc.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-14-2013 at 11:54 PM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I sold mine real fast... it has a cool hit, but that technology has 2 flaws... First, it would not be very hard to secure the nipple bar into the unit so it can still swing free vertically, instead of coming out every time you change the needle... and second the vise is crap.. yes, you can buy a second hand screw and fix it.. but I am still afraid I am gonna break the plastic piece of shit...
    I mean why in the hell would you go through all the trouble of making a light weight linear machine and not make it in air craft aluminum?
    Rotaries are already light weight. Bez got his wrist pain from using heavy coil machines and jerking off, not rotaries.
    If the frame body was some sort of metal I would still own mine and it would weight mere grams more.
    Also I want to point out that the Ego has a cool dampening system, not a true give system... it's more of a direct drive with the ability to dampen the hit a little.
    Don't let the price fool you.. it's not worth it....
    If you use disposable tubes and don't mind reinserting the 2 rubber triangles along with the nipple bar every time you change a needle and buying a new screw to fix the vise.. then go for it.