Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Mick. Yeah, I saw the vice mod. Just don't understand what you mean by the second mod.

Post Thanks / Like
    Second mod is described now with pictures in the Ego vice fix thread in the troubleshooting section homie. I just posted it in the same thread for you.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-20-2013 at 11:52 AM.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    Second mod is described now with pictures in the Ego vice fix thread in the troubleshooting section homie. I just posted it in the same thread for you.
    I saw that. You rock man, thanks. I'm getting mine in the mail today. Will have to try them out. Are those extra bars included with the machine? Or do you purchase them seperately?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just bought them at the hardware store (McFaddendales) I just bring the machine with me and play with stuff until its a perfect fit. The bars are like a nickel each.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Picked up another ego this week. Seems a lot nicer than I remember. Felt they struggle a little with ttech though.

Post Thanks / Like
    got my ego today. can't wait to work tomorrow to try it out. tattoomachinesnow.com were great.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnnyChaos View Post
    Picked up another ego this week. Seems a lot nicer than I remember. Felt they struggle a little with ttech though.
    Just add a 1-1.5 volts homie and it will run beautifully!
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    after a couple tattoos with one, i have mixed feelings. i tried it with black/blue and just wasnt really hitting how i want it. perhaps more time to adjust and a black/black would have been a better experience for me. i must admit the weight and balance of the machine i really enjoyed but without an angled rca i could see problems tattooing certain areas. all in all for the price tag there are many machines that perform better.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    im still not sure about mine it lines well but coloring the way i do it seems to struggle a lil i do like the weight and dont mind the rca being up very good for lining anyway but dont see it getting much more use

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone that wants a "runs perfect for how I tattoo" out of the box machine may want to pass. There are so many configurations to try with different tattooing techniques, volts needle float, hand speed, stretch, etc that it has a learning curve and takes time to really figure out what works for you. I looked at it just as Bez described it...the triangles can be thought of as front and back springs on a coil...using that I knew exactly what combos I wanted to try and for what style with applied techniques.
    I hit the mark on some of em and invested time to learn the machine and adjust accordingly when I was off. I find it so crazy that when someone buys a Rotary and it doesnt really click with them instantly they flip it or talk down on it...If I bought a Seth Ciferri Cutback Liner and tattooed once with it lining on a fat broads ribs and it started to catch the skin, well id probably retune her with a longer punchy stroke real quick and negate the typical aspects of the shorter faster lighter hits a cutback usually yields. I wouldnt assume the machine didnt work for me and sell it after 1 tattoo. Same with Rotaries...in most cases retuning is adjusting your volts, float, and or technique...in the case of the Ego it can be that OR adjust your triangles. It boggles me that so many of us invest a shit ton of money on Rotary machines, yet we dont invest the time to really learn the machine itself...yeah we know its a slider or pivoting armature or direct drive with maxon, faulhaber, mabuchi, etc but I mean learn how to USE the machine itself for how we tattoo specificly...we just say meh its not for me, and try something easy that we dont have to learn or understand exactly why its not working for me, or how to make it work for me. Stick with it guys and give it and your other new machines that may be a little off for you a fair shake...any rotary may surprise you and become your fav daily driver even if it didnt click with you at first. This has happened to me plenty with coils and rotaries alike. My 2 cents and worth exactly that.
    Last edited by MickWrath; 03-24-2013 at 02:04 AM.
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

11. Like Bruce Gulick liked this post.