Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

First forum, first rotary

Hello names Aramis and this is my first forum I've actually viewed and instantly had to be a pert of.
    Ive been tattooing since 2000 and I've been a classically trained "coil machine" tattoo artist from the start. Used anywhere from Coastals and Northeast from Pappillion supply which I was told I could only use and own while I apprenticed. I've been using over the last few years Mickys Sharps T dials and my Paul Rodgers with a little Next Gen and Time machine thrown into the daily mix. About 2 weeks ago had to get new front and back springs on my 2 primary work horses (my Mickys) and I had to go through the couple days of hell trying to get them re-tuned and back to how I want them.
    Well I've really gotten tired of F**king with my coiled machines. I'll get ready for my client and out of nowhere my coiled machine will just not sound or hit right so I have to drop everything and fuck with it tell I feel that everything's perfect. It gets to me pretty pissed and will even kind of drain me of my drive to do that tattoo while having to constantly tweak and adjust my machine when I usually just sit down start tattooing and have the hours fly by. So I got tired of it after 13 years and jumped on the inter webs and started doing some research. Always told that rotarys were "ok" but not very good when it comes to packing and lining, pretty much only B&G is what there good for. Well after 3 days of research and finding this Awesome "Rotary Tattoo Forum" (which I had to join), I decided I had been fed misinformation/speculation for years and decided its time to make the switch to Rotaries... Well last week I just sat down and ordered the new Stigma Hyper V3 for me and my old Apprintice/partner and a second Rotary Spektra Haylo for myself with a 3.2 motorbolt and a 3.6. I've seen some of the sickest shit being tattooed out there in the industry with rotarys and I love detail work and get a little overboard when it comes to texture and depth so I really hope I've made the right choice. If any of you Artists and builders have any feed back on my impulsive switch that could help me start out with a smoother transition to my new rotary obsession I would greatly appreciate it. Aramis
    ~{STINKY}~

2. Like Dan-tattoo liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum!
    There is, quite literally, a wealth of information on this site. I'd definitely spend some time poring through the threads here. Lots of info. Lots of opinions, as well.
    What it's all boiled down to, for me, is getting your hands on as many of the rotaries that piqué your curiosity as possible and see what works best for you.
    Enjoy!

4. Thanks Aramis77 thanked for this post.
    Like Aramis77 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would say you picked the right machines to begin your journey with, throw a neotat in there, or maybe an eddie lollis and you are on your way to full blown addiction. Oh and welcome to the forum.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

6. Thanks Aramis77 thanked for this post.
    Like Aramis77 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks bizarro12 and I've been doing that since yesterday and I'm extremely stoked I joined this forum and like a kid in a toy factory while reading the treads and checking out the builders and artists pages!
    Thanks Wonderland! I can't tell you how many times I've had to stop myself in the last 2 days from buying other rotaries that I've came across on this forum! Wife's going to kill me when where bankrupt, but I'll be stoked.
    ~{STINKY}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Checked my status on my Spektra Halo and it arrived at our local FedEx hub! Just called to see if they will hold it so I can run and pick it up before it gets on the truck so I don't have to wait all day!!! Been a long week waiting for my first Rotary and I hope it's what I've been wishing for!! My Hyper V3 comes tomorrow so another restless night!
    ~{STINKY}~

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard, you'll find that a good rotary machine is a very capable tattooing tool and anyone that tells you otherwise is just a tool
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Help!!!!! Just got my Spektra halo and put the motor in hooked up my RCA clip cord and set my volts at 6.5 and it runs for couple seconds then my Eikon EMS300 trips off???? Checked connections and everything is good. Spectra moves fine but barely makes a noise. Do I need to put lube on the stroke? Is something else required? My power unit is barely 6months old and its never done this!!!
    ~{STINKY}~

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Does your power supply have a rotary mode? Check for that. Its not the machine its a safety kill switch in the power unit.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Never mind I figured out that my EMS300 has to be switched to rotary mode! Bout shit my pants!!
    ~{STINKY}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    Does your power supply have a rotary mode? Check for that. Its not the machine its a safety kill switch in the power unit.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.
    Thanks man it took me a sec but then realized the 400 is for both. Thanks for the quick response hella cool of you!!
    ~{STINKY}~