Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	17676 Used my first rotary "Spektra Halo" for the first time today and I wish I didn't have to start with a portrait but I have to say I'm damn glad I bought one cause I've never been able to tattoo as fast as I draw but I can now!!! I know it's not the best portrait and I had a bit of a learning curve but I haven't been this stoked in a long time! Tomorrow my V3 comes in!!
    ~{STINKY}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Aramis77 View Post
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	image.jpg 
Views:	514 
Size:	90.3 KB 
ID:	17676 Used my first rotary "Spektra Halo" for the first time today and I wish I didn't have to start with a portrait but I have to say I'm damn glad I bought one cause I've never been able to tattoo as fast as I draw but I can now!!! I know it's not the best portrait and I had a bit of a learning curve but I haven't been this stoked in a long time! Tomorrow my V3 comes in!!
    Damn it looks hella good for your first time using ANY machine much less a rotary for the first time! Looks like yet another artist got bit by the rotary bug!

3. Like Aramis77 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    prepare to buy 2 more spektras and 2 more v3s...:-)

Envoyé depuis mon GT-I9100 avec Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vodu View Post
    prepare to buy 2 more spektras and 2 more v3s...:-)

Seriously! Woke up this morning and all I could think about is that I need at least 1 or 2 more.
    ~{STINKY}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Seriously! Woke up this morning and all I could think about is that I need at least 1 or 2 more.
    well, for our wives we always can say it's a tool of work... they doesn't buy this excuse after the 5,6th....lol

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by vodu View Post
    well, for our wives we always can say it's a tool of work... they doesn't buy this excuse after the 5,6th....lol

Haha yeah especially when I'm ordering on Monday a 2oz 60 color kit from eternal! Been using Unique pigments for close to 6 years and there great for solid work but real thick and not as easy to blend with.
    ~{STINKY}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome man. Sounds like you're hooked already. I compare coils to a needy/high maintenance girlfriend. If you talk to her wrong or raise your voice in front of her she will act up. Always reminds me of "Eleanor" in gone in 60 seconds for some reason. "Oh, c'mon don't start with me, no no start start!"

The eikon ems400 is great. The reason you have to set your power supply to rotary mode is a rotary does not have follow through. It i wanting information for the readout which it is not getting so it cuts out. Have fun on the forum. The guys on here are awesome and filled with knowledge.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    welcome! you have two of the best rotary out there-stick with them you cant get any better. maybe pick up a impact or a rotaryworks for packing solids.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nick & Slicksteel!! Have a bit of a rough go so far with my V3 today. Last night I used my Halo on that portrait like it was nothing and it was on the inside of this lady's arm but today I I started out with V3 at about 8.5 volts with about 3.6mm and it was hitting way hard and chewed up some top surface and I've need struggling with the whole piece. Doing a little black pack/ B&G It's on the outside of her calf so the skin is a lot tighter. Slowed down to 7.8 and gave the knob on the top 2 turns to the left tell I barely felt the vibration and doing better but what's the deal with tighter skin? Skim the surface at slower speeds? Help!???
    ~{STINKY}~

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Nick & Slicksteel!! Have a bit of a rough go so far with my V3 today. Last night I used my Halo on that portrait like it was nothing and it was on the inside of this lady's arm but today I I started out with V3 at about 8.5 volts with about 3.6mm and it was hitting way hard and chewed up some top surface and I've need struggling with the whole piece. Doing a little black pack/ B&G It's on the outside of her calf so the skin is a lot tighter. Slowed down to 7.8 and gave the knob on the top 2 turns to the left tell I barely felt the vibration and doing better but what's the deal with tighter skin? Skim the surface at slower speeds? Help!???
    I traded my Halo away, vibrated too much and I also thought that there was too much trauma to the area being worked. For lack of other words, it seemed "mean," lol. For whatever reason, I couldn't get on the Halo ship. I still like how my Swashdrive and Bishop pack and blend.