Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stealth gen 2 ?

Post Thanks / Like
    hahahaahhah "You would probably tell someone they are silly for buying a $100 coil machine." so true, but if i remember rightly my first coil machine was around $100 so will c how i go , carn't wait to give rotarys a go !

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    actually there is some good 100 doller machines out there-just tune them up right,superior makes cheap machines that i can get to run very smooth!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    From someone who has owned both a cheapy stealth, and then upgraded to 'better' machines, I can tell you this:

The Stealth isn't a 'terrible' machine. It will work pretty good for a while. It will probably give you a decent amount of time to explore rotaries and get the hang of using them. It IS a slightly different feel than a coil machine, and may take a little adjustment. The Stealth will also deteriorate rapidly as opposed to a higher quality machine. Ever notice how frustrating it can be to cut a steak with a butter knife? It may get the job done, but it takes a little elbow grease. When you pick up a nice steak knife however, you will notice how much nicer it slices instead of just cuts.

Not a bad idea to use it as a disposable intro to rotary tattoo machines, but if you get frustrated, don't think that all rotaries work that way. Each variety has its own characteristics, and one might be better for a specific job than another, one might jive with the way you work better than another. It can be difficult to choose one out of so many, but that's the bonus of getting to ask a group of people what they think, and what they like to use for which job.

Again, everyone works differently, so you may get several different machine answers to your questions. Be patient, though.

This was one of the very first tattoos I did with a rotary machine - a Stealth - a few years ago:

This is one I did with it a few months ago. I don't really use it too much anymore. The motor is not that strong. It WILL push a single needle just fine, though! That's what I did this one with:

When you are ready to move up, let us know what you are looking to do, and I'm sure lots of people will tell you their favorites.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanx everyone for there replys this is the reason i joined the forum , to get well informed opinions and info ..
    and Alie k if i can get my first tattoo with it, as smoth as your first, then it will be worth $100 and i'll def' be moveing on the better made rotary machines,
    its all a learning curve from here on in and i'm sure i'll be picking everyones brain

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skarnsink View Post
    thanx everyone for there replys this is the reason i joined the forum , to get well informed opinions and info ..
    and Alie k if i can get my first tattoo with it, as smoth as your first, then it will be worth $100 and i'll def' be moveing on the better made rotary machines,
    its all a learning curve from here on in and i'm sure i'll be picking everyones brain
    That's the beauty of this forum, we enjoy sharing information and helping each other. Please persevere with your Rotary experience, I for one feel almost reborn as a Tattooist, I'm producing the best black & grey work I have ever done and it's thanks to the Rotaries. I was taught first off with Rotaries, big heavy cumbersome things back then (1978) so I suppose as a Tattooist ,I've come full circle.

6. Like skarnsink liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    just got my first rotary machine looks pretty nice ..... like a fat kid with ten cup cakes ,carn't wait to get to work tomorrow ,any things i should know to start with im just planing on colour and shadeing with it at the moment and see how things work out .
    skarnsink

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    remember if its a no give rotary go shallow(ride of needle tips or barrel with just a bit of needle showing as they tend to not hurt the client as a to deep coil machine would but can leave alot of scabing the next day.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks mate ,its only a few small tattoos today but looking forward to it ..

Post Thanks / Like
    How did it go mate?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    that company is disgusting. They sell knock offs of my machines
    http://www.thetattooshop.co.uk/shop/...-machines.html
    The blue one there is the old pyro and they have on even a copy of the Galaxie.
    Sad part is that WWT is the one making them for them.
    Shame on WWT as well.