Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

constantly "on" footswitch?

so who sells a footswitch that you step on to turn it on, then again to turn it off? ive made a few constant power monoplugs, but im sick of pulling them in and out of the power supply. tried to look at chocolatemagpie.com, but it seems to have expired...anyone know where i can get a constantly on footswitch?

thanks!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    you can do it with your Gem - there are three leads and two wires, change one of the leads to the unused one - and BLAMMO on and off switch

Post Thanks / Like
    really?? hell yeah!! i love DIY!!! off to do it right now, will post back with my success!
    thanks man!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    unless they changed the switch mechanism - yep. If it doesn't work let me know - I have one here in a box i did that to.

Once to you get it apart and sautered - I suggest you plug it in and see if it works, but I can't see why they would change shit after so long

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    damn that sounds like a good idea i have a old one -never liked it as it was to tall for me to keep my foot on.But as on of swith it would be perfect as it has some weight.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used pedals of this style for almost all my career. Ever since I got problem with my hip from stompin all fucky on that pedal all the time.

I made this mid session while the costumer went to the toilet.
    I bought a floor lamp switch at a Swedish Wall Mart-kinda store (Clas Ohlson) for like $5..
    No soldering needed. Just "plug n play"

pedal-on.jpg

I am going to make these and sell them. Some this budget version, and some more high end.

I love to have this step-on-it-once style.. that way I can put my feet where ever I feel like.

/Oskar
    Winds of shit...

Post Thanks / Like
    Guess they changed it. You can swap the wires to reverse the switch function, so it runs constantly and you step on it to turn it off, and hold it off with your foot, but you can't wire it so that it holds on or off without pressure on it I guess the first and unwired third lead bridge to the second lead which is wired, but the spring in the switch is only one position, so it doesn't stay down without pressure. Bummer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Vinoshitto-good idea.

Post Thanks / Like
    i miss those type of things, i was using the switch on and off on my power supply but not having to touch it would be awesome!

Post Thanks / Like
    alternatively http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Foot-Pedal...item232968e5eb could probably be used with a jab from your elbow?

11. Thanks MickWrath thanked for this post.