Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Flatline, pro ano shops use lye to strip aluminum and to prep. Lye=Sodium Hydroxide=90% of drain cleaner(drano or red devil). Leaving it in there can corrode the aluminum so you must keep an eye on it. Can't just dunk and walk away. Took me 5 min to strip my centri completely even. Colored ano is easier to strip and you can use easy off oven cleaner which has 5% lye or even use paint stripper. Type 2 or type 3(only comes in black btw) anodizing would probably need the stronger concentrated lye. Reanodizing would cost a lot for a 1 off. Cheaper to go to a local anodizing shop.

Post Thanks / Like
    cen02.jpgCen01.jpg
    Started the engraving this past weekend. Been 4 years since I engraved anything. I shouldve did a practice plate first. Hands kinda shaky a bit. Overall though the engraving almost looks like a mirror image lol. Watcha guys think? Hands are hurting and this took me 5 hours. Printed the sketch on a transparency then traced it onto the machine. Didn't get to do the top of the design as it was taking to long. Ran over it with some scotch bright afterwards. You can see the details in the crosshatched shading. Took me forever to learn that. Really fine details. Hope you guys like it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Actually, looking at the pics, can barely make out the crosshatched shading. It's there though lol.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome brotha. good job, although the right hand side machine looks like if the engraving was photoshoped...is it me or you mocked it up on purpose?
    Can't wait to se it finished.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Officially have started engraving today. First cuts done on the back and sides. No shading or background removal. Real pics, no photoshop on this.
    centri02.jpgcentri03.jpg

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Im really digging where this is going bro. Can't wait to see it finished.
    PS: My eye is sharp if I'm wearing contacts or glasses
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Looking sweet!

Post Thanks / Like
    Found this pic on my phone today. This project was put on the back burner a while back. Thought I should update the status of this project at least. Needs more engraving and then more relief. After that, some sculpting to finish everything off. Was gonna do the whole frame but decided not too. Frame is real thin all around which does not make a good canvas for sculpting. Derailed from the original sketch a bit as the layout on the front is not really flat so it was difficult to match up the original design to the frame. Plan to finish the whole back when I get some time.

centri01.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images