Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    What seems to be the biggest problem is i am not sure what the hit should be like.... how it should feel.... I don't want to overwork the skin.

Having the recommended volt specs would really help... every other machine out there tell you the rec volts.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thumb that armature and tattoo, wtf?

3. Like tattood liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    bro its a 4.5 WATT motor - rated at 12 volts.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

5. Like tattood liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Open it it up with 1/4 turns at a time-on most rotary a full turn and half is plenty if you like a lot of give. Remember on a rotary the needles are not slapped in like a coil. Way To much give will just end up scraping the top layer of skin,over working it and not puncturing. It will lead to longer heals, bleeding,ink loss etc. but will not cause a lot of pain to the customer.
    Do some work on your shelf bro
    What are you try to get out of a rotary?
    are you try to make it work like a coil for you?Trying to make the work look the same?
    Think of it as a different tool to do different types of applications of tattooing.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ok ....ill give it a try

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Why don't you shoot Stigma an email and ask how it compares to the Hyper V3 as they list all the Hz info for that.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

Post Thanks / Like
    Pmd you the info

10. Like tattood liked this post.
    stigma I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Crabink,
    This is Artemis from Stigma ,for shading with the Prodigy & 4,5 watt motor you can start from 7 volts and go up to 10 volts it depends on types of needles ,type of skin , technique, and give adjustment, we would recommend approximately 8~9 volts and with the control screw unscrewed about 1 ~2 turns, you should start from there and see how the shading looks like , if you want it more intense increase the volts ( speed ) , if you want it softer then decrease the volts , also keep in mind if you adjust the control screw for much give then you can not run the machine to fast because the stroke length increases with the speed so the needles got to much force and ,so it is better to decrease the volts instead of unscrewing the control screw to much. In case you also have the 10 watt motor you should run it on even lower volts because this motor is very strong and gets all its RPM ( revolutions per minute) even if the machine is heavy loaded and also it doesn’t slow down when the needles hit the skin.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the confusion between watts and volts is causing this..crab repeatedly said its 4.5 volts. But it's really a 12volt motor .. So he's just running it to slow.
    I bet a lot of people get those two mixed up... Am I right?

13. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengu315 View Post
    I think the confusion between watts and volts is causing this..crab repeatedly said its 4.5 volts. But it's really a 12volt motor .. So he's just running it to slow.
    I bet a lot of people get those two mixed up... Am I right?
    I think your right man but when i get a machine the first thing i do is hook it up and mess around with it and see how the a bar feels on different volts.. and really thats all thats needed, but all i really use are rotaries so i no what to expect, i understand someone not being familiar their new tool but dam like slick said do a lil piece on your oown leg or something.lol. i think crabs downfall on this issue is only using the prodigy a few times, and then jumping to the conclusion it wasnt for him before really even knowing what he was using
    Last edited by tattood; 03-29-2013 at 11:48 AM.