Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Nedz's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have shipped out the spares kits today along with the second motors and the adapters for the MR05.

I have included in the kit:
    2 cams 5mm and 3.75mm
    1 delrine plunger
    Spare o-rings
    1 sponge for bottom plunger
    1 rubber washer for bottom plunger
    MR05 frame.
    MR05 top grip.
    Needle bars for use with MR05.

Post Thanks / Like
    Bravo! One of the main reasons that I opted to pre-order the MR03 was because of NEDZ's customer service reviews and killer offers on his upgrades for previous machines. This was a pre-order, I expected delays and mishaps. Whatta way to make things right! I think that this is more than reasonable. I'm glad that i chose to pre-order this machine, and I'm really glad that the original cam failed You guys gotta admit we're really making out on this deal! Can't wait to try both the MR03 and MR05. Thank you Ed, you run a 1st class outfit!

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    Last edited by PAWNJOB; 04-26-2013 at 11:18 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    That's just top notch

Post Thanks / Like
    Just got my "upgrade" set, it's more of a free machine, the MR05 and an "upgrade set" for the MR03, that's just stellar service Ed, I am impressed

But I have some questions for how to change motors, upgrade the rubber washer and what to drill out with included drill, so here we go:

1, Is there a way to easily tell the5mm and 3.75mm for each other ?

2, The sponge for bottom plunger, do I replace that with the on already in the MR03 an do I just make a hole in it withe plunger, there is no hole in it as far as I can tell ?

3, The rubber washer for bottom plunger, what do I do with that exactly, do I tear the old washer of and just place the new on the plunger or do I have to glue it on when I replace it or what do I do exactly ?

4, What do I drill exactly with the included drill and could you maybe post some instructional pictures or a video before I start drilling away and maybe do something wrong and wreck my MR03 ?

5, I got the fast motor ( black one ) in my upgrade kit as well and the cam for the MR05 was mounted on it, but I am a bit confused on how to unmount the cam for the MR05 ao I can test it in my MR03 and how to mount the cam on the slow ( red motor ) so I can use it in the MR05, so bacicly I am asking how to exchange motors and cams so I can use the different motors in the MR03 and MR05, I figured out how to unmount the cam on the MR03, but the cam on the MR05 I cant figure out how to unmount because the grub screw is "covered" partially by the motor housing and I can not get to it with my allen / hex key, and that makes me wonder what I am doing wrong ?

On a side note the MR05 is super nice and, silent and just one sweet running machine and the adjustable stroke length system is just genius, cant wait to use it tomorrow for some nice solid color work

Hope to hear from you soon, so I can get on with testing the MR03 and MR05 with my new CX-1 G2 power supply

Cheers...
    Dennis

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok sorry if I did not make the instructions more clear.

1: the cams have a mark on the bottom two marks for 5.0mm and one mark for the 3.75 I hope my assistant got this right.

2: Some of the sponges that I used I cut myself and they were a bit rough around the edges but the new ones have been cut with a tool. You will just need to poke the plunger through if you want to replace it.

3: The rubber washer is to replace the old one its made of leather I thought it would be a good dampner but as soon as it gets lube on it it starts to break down. Just remove the old one and glue the new one in place use some contact glue.

4: Inside the grip is a small brass bush if you feel the bottom plunger is sticking you can use the drill to open the bush to 3.2mm this will allow the plunger to slide easier. It may come out when you try to drill it but if it does just hold it with a plyers drill it out then push it back in.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Ed.

I see the marks on the Cam, thats super nice, will try the 5mm today

In regards to my question number 5, you might have missed it because it is a long question, and for that I am sorry, but I dont know how else to ask the same question in a shorter form, hope you get what I am asking about

5, I got the fast motor ( black one ) in my upgrade kit as well and the cam for the MR05 was mounted on it, but I am a bit confused on how to unmount the cam for the MR05 ao I can test it in my MR03 and how to mount the cam on the slow ( red motor ) so I can use it in the MR05, so bacicly I am asking how to exchange motors and cams so I can use the different motors in the MR03 and MR05, I figured out how to unmount the cam on the MR03, but the cam on the MR05 I cant figure out how to unmount because the grub screw is "covered" partially by the motor housing and I can not get to it with my allen / hex key, and that makes me wonder what I am doing wrong ?
    On a side note, is it possible to buy the grip adapter for the MR05 on it's own, because, not the grip, just the adapter, that the grip screws on to ?

Cheers...
    Dennis

Post Thanks / Like
    Unscrew the two grub screws holding the motor in place for the mro3 and mice the motor to access the cam..

Post Thanks / Like
    Totally missed that was possible, will try that ASAP

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry got side tracked.

5: Just twisted the motor body it is in two halves red and black for the slow motor and two black for the fast.

Change your cam then twist it back on, it fits to the bodies of the MR03 and MR05 the same way.

I would avoid moving the motor up and down as it need to be it a certain place for it to work in the MR03.

Post Thanks / Like
    Super cool, will do it that way

On a side note, is it possible to buy the grip adapter for the MR05 on it's own, because, not the grip, just the adapter, that the grip screws on to ?

Cheers...
    Dennis