Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zack_fa1r View Post
    fuck yeah me n the mrs wona go see this.
    hellraiser i was also at london when it was showed, steve soto was doing a piece on my mrs, got 20 mins in then buggered off to watch this for 90mins leaving us to watch his station, we were like what the fuck ha!! poor girl had to come first thing sunday to get it finished.
    What a DICK! I don't know if I would have gone back on Sunday.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    I saw the preview. I don't agree with it. Portraits where done in concentration camps in attempt to keep from being put to death. Not just from some thugs in a west coast American prison. Thats holly wood for ya though. Trying to make everything about them to turn a buck. Don't get me wrong, the west coast def had it's own style, Swirls mixed with thug art, but to say they where the first at realism and bng? Horse shit. These shows and movies do a service as far as making tattoos more popular and socially acceptable. As for a tattoo artist to get all giddy about this crap is beyond me though. It's a BS rock star life and attitude. It's like people wearing SOA shirts that have a motorcycle. Corny ass crap. Man, if a member of a club was to come in wearing that crap, he would get slapped in the back of the head.

3. Like casey, tattood, Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    How can you judge something on just a preview, and as everything we see I think a pinch of salt needs to taken, as we all know, how things can be taken to extreme by any film maker or journo look at all them crap tattoo program that the good old USA keep making. I think I'm going to see it just because I'm interested in it and what ever people say it's still apart of the history of tattooing just like all the videos we do of are selfs tattooing and all the photos. And if someone makes money out of it then good on them isnt that the American way? The American dream? Come and live in England for a while yes it's not as mentle patriotic and if you are good at any thing people love to put you down at the first fence and kick you in the teeth because you tried to better your self, you can't show things you got or proud of because people just will hate you for it. Oh the English way I love it.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by flatline View Post
    I saw the preview. I don't agree with it. Portraits where done in concentration camps in attempt to keep from being put to death. Not just from some thugs in a west coast American prison. Thats holly wood for ya though. Trying to make everything about them to turn a buck. Don't get me wrong, the west coast def had it's own style, Swirls mixed with thug art, but to say they where the first at realism and bng? Horse shit. These shows and movies do a service as far as making tattoos more popular and socially acceptable. As for a tattoo artist to get all giddy about this crap is beyond me though. It's a BS rock star life and attitude. It's like people wearing SOA shirts that have a motorcycle. Corny ass crap. Man, if a member of a club was to come in wearing that crap, he would get slapped in the back of the head.
    THats all find and dandy and i agree with alot of what u say, but these dudes at the top of the tattoo game are living like rock stars, im not and im sure your not either but they are, and these dudes that are in the movie have been in the tattoo world since way back so y not give em a little respect, I will never be in a movie about tattooing, but doesnt mean i need to criticize the ones that have and will in the future. go see it or not, who cares personal choice, its entertainment and a night out with the family nothing more...
    Last edited by tattood; 04-05-2013 at 01:19 PM.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its all about the champagne bubbles homies!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    I think I willhave to go and watch but may end up puking with the overdose of bullshit and brownnosing.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    What a DICK! I don't know if I would have gone back on Sunday.
    Dude it was cool, he was told by the guys coming round to say when it was starting that
    it was a 20 mins video and cos he was featured in the vid?????......that he needs to go watch it. So was their fault, I think.

back to subject though I still think it'll be an interesting watch.

Post Thanks / Like
    How can I judge by a preview? A preview is designed to not only give the film interest:; which is often over done, but also to project what it's all about... But anyway, I do agree with some of the advocate opinion here. The artist have been in the game for a while and have not only paid there dues, but have made everything possible that we have today. I just hate how these cats sign there life away to directors and have people like machete all in the mix, and Dave bung hora spouting off at the mouth. It's a sell out. Like I said though, it does evolve society which is a perk. Anybody ever in the NC area and into your tattoo history, stop off in Winston Salem and look up Chuck Eldridge. Has the largest museum in the US covering our crafts history. Oh, and sorry you are in England. LOl, just kiddin.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yea when I do come to the USA, I would do such a thing if it was near where I was staying or even drive or fly to see it, personally I dont mind doing that because it's great to see such things and I might learn something. Just like Europe full of history and artwork you''ll never get to see unless you make the effort to come over and see it. Thats why I'm going to see tattoo nation if I see it I'll have my view and then it's justifiable. A preview is just that, it's not the whole film, so what if they have Danny trejo in it, it no different to Miami sink, L.A. Sink and N.Y. Sink, crap shit programs that do thing for tattooing apart from miss information. At least this is a documentary and yes it may have a little bullshit, and blowing there own trumpets but hay it's made in USA we dont expect nothing less hahaha. English sarcasm.

Sent from my LT26i using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    im gonna wait until the chinese come out with a cheap knock off version...then i'll watch it

it will star a chinese danny trejillo...

12. Like tattood liked this post.