Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wouldn't fluctuations in his power show up on his meter? Just wondering though as I've never had this problem but I would assume that the output the power supply is showing would indicate that thats how much it's outputting at that moment and any fluctuation would show up. Also, does your coworker have any problems? You stated that you plugged an extension into his outlet and things didn't change for you. Well, if he has problems too then it could be the wiring of the building as others have said. If your coworker is all good then I don't think it is the power. Just my guess though.

Post Thanks / Like
    it maybe to if ur running rotaries and ur coworkers are running coils. I have a 6v rotary works that only works properly with one of my clip cords as it needs the ability to pull more amps(from my understanding). so my point rotaries differ from coils in the power they need to pull to work right.. may be the case with yours to . have u tried ur co workers power supply ?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I would take your stuff home and run it there under a needle load for at least a few hours straight if you have swaped cords etc. It does sound like the shops power and like tattood says some machines pull more amps. also a good thing to run is one of these -i use them for my ps and guitar gear.
    http://www.guitarcenter.com/Furman-M...11-i1503304.gc

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I doubt is the power at the shop. try changing the transformer of your critical and try using an Eikon Power supply.
    That happen to me years ago with the power supply and it was a bad external transformer.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    quick ways to troubleshoot all the scenarios. A polarity tester can be purchased from home depot for about 15 bucks, use this in your outlet to see if the wiring is correct. the polarity will affect the waves in which the electricity travels on and if improper, can result in spotty current (surges and low spots). If thicker pigments or lubrication is your issue load the machine with a larger mag in an open or shovel tipped tube and lubricate the end with soap and water where you get metal on metal contact, if the machine does not slow over time with only intermediate reapplication of soap and water, then you will know thats its your pigments or on skin lube ( clean your tip regularly during tattoo). and lastly i guess, make sure you are doing the regular maintenance as outlined in your machine care and instructions, not only will they run better but the parts will last much longer. hope some of these help

6. Like slicksteel, Jack Steel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    If you use disposables, they can sometimes heat up and and actually start to melt, causing your needle grouping to start working into the plastic on the tip. I had this issue a while back but mainly with coils.

8. Like tattood liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Jack Steel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Ty Bones View Post
    quick ways to troubleshoot all the scenarios. A polarity tester can be purchased from home depot for about 15 bucks, use this in your outlet to see if the wiring is correct. the polarity will affect the waves in which the electricity travels on and if improper, can result in spotty current (surges and low spots). If thicker pigments or lubrication is your issue load the machine with a larger mag in an open or shovel tipped tube and lubricate the end with soap and water where you get metal on metal contact, if the machine does not slow over time with only intermediate reapplication of soap and water, then you will know thats its your pigments or on skin lube ( clean your tip regularly during tattoo). and lastly i guess, make sure you are doing the regular maintenance as outlined in your machine care and instructions, not only will they run better but the parts will last much longer. hope some of these help
    i have to agree with ty bones , what u can do also is put a volt/multimeter between the rca /clipcord and check while u run the machines, if there is any changes on the screen of the meter , some powersupplies don't register little spikes or drops on the screen
    a good meter does

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Mozzer337 View Post
    If you use disposables, they can sometimes heat up and and actually start to melt, causing your needle grouping to start working into the plastic on the tip. I had this issue a while back but mainly with coils.
    thats funny u say this this happened to me thankfullly not when i was tattooing. i had just got a nicks rotary and i was seening how it ran. had the rubberbands super tight and was running the motor really high. needle melted right through the tip.lol..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    try a high end power bar see if that helps (with surge protectioon)

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    try a high end power bar see if that helps (with surge protectioon)
    Not sure how that would help. Those work like a secondary fuses so you dont fry your computer, could be wrong but I just do not see those helping I would take every thing home try it out or tattoo some where else and see if it helps