Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by chris-in-cali View Post
    yes....this is dead on....you can go one step further and add those disposable foam grips from true tube.
    i did this because gripping on the hard stainless for 3-4 hours at a time is kinda shitty and the foam makes the tube into a 1.5 in which is where i like my grip for shading.

I ordered mine from unimax a week and a half ago and i'm still waiting and they cant give me an exact ship date, except within 2 weeks.
    almost said fuck it and ordered it straight from swash but it's 70 bucks more that way.......sigh
    I just called them today and said they just got'em this week,I'm ordering mine tomorrow

2. Thanks vodu thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ttech tubes all the way homie, I didn't have to remove any spring in the gen 8 for ttechs it's ready I go. 3.5 is stated stroke length for the gen 8 without the weights but allthough I would love to try them out I haven't gotten around to making an order for them yet. I will though. The gen 8 is just so smooth for color an black and grey. Not my first pick for packing but it's very capable set on no give and an extra volt or two. It's def worth every penny.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

4. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    naw homie there is only one adjustment slider, there's no need for two because one wont give you unequal flex because it affects the clips rigidity as a whole. especially with the linear delivery of the needle points. It doesn't cant the needle configurations give more on one side than the other, It performs in conjunction so the impact and delivery is equal. if the scale were lets say 500:1 then you may notice a slight delivery variability but with the transference of momentum ending through an ultimately linear delivery system the variability would be very minute.
    Mick I am thinking I will have to borrow this, this is a great explanation ... I will quote you though.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Shit im sold what about the weights mick do you use either of those at all . The standard stroke with no weight os around 3.5 mm right ? But obviously the more volts or add a weight will give u more stroke . Did you take out the stay up spring to run your t tech or just use as is
    The weight set will lengthen the stroke the softer you have the setting. The idea with the weights is that they increase the reciprocating mass basically adding more punch to the forward motion .. basically it just gives you more options.

Tony (the R&D guy for Swashdrive) when he first go the weights on the Whip used it for a hand tattoo on a middle age lady with puffy skin, he was amazed at how much easier it made the process and now easy the ink went in.

In the end it is all about offering as much adjustment as possible as everyone is different in the way they tattoo.

Senior Member Caleb's Addiction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    They will also make ink spit all over the fucking place!

Senior Member Caleb's Addiction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    *with traditional tubes and needles, and on my whip, not used gen8

Post Thanks / Like
    the Gen8 is a beast, love this thing but I'm finding a bunch of my tubes and some disposables too Long to use with it. I wish the vice was just a few mm closer to the armature or the vice clamp a tiny bit thinner.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by turnrock View Post
    the Gen8 is a beast, love this thing but I'm finding a bunch of my tubes and some disposables too Long to use with it. I wish the vice was just a few mm closer to the armature or the vice clamp a tiny bit thinner.
    Yeah i'm finding that to be a problem for me when i'm trying to use the needle tensioner so i just rubber band it,otherwise an awesome build, i plan on getting another..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    How is the gen 8 with t tech tubes can u get out a full 4mm needle

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    And does the give work really well? Because this would be my reason for getting one can it run soft with t tech
    Last edited by joelhague; 05-03-2013 at 08:00 AM.