Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Swashdrive Gen 8 Review

Small modifications made and it an amazing little liner
    Last edited by Jaytrials; 09-09-2013 at 08:17 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    you should look here http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...llection/page2

Jaytrials post a good help for this issue

Post Thanks / Like
    I wrote to swashdrive regarding the issue of the needle tensioner not clearing the top of the tubes. here are the answers I got:

answer #1

Tony Oliver
    "Hello John, The adjustable tubes will need to be shortened a little and any of the disposables need to be cut shorter.
    what is the short fall?
    I use the T-Tech disposable grips and tips so I only have to have one machine set up for shading and coloring and find all my stainless tubes and standard needles fit."

I don't know what he meant by an "adjustable tube" anyone else? I was also puzzled by the "what is the shortfall?" question. the shortfall is obviously that a lot of American and Chinese disposables don't fit.

answer #2

Tony Oliver 11:24pm Sep 20
    We will have a longer needle bar tensioner very soon which will resolve this issue. There will be no cost and you will be able to use the existing one on any of our machines right back to the gen 4

answer #3 from Tania jane
    Tania Jane
    "I have spoke with Tony and he has said that it was made for disposable tubes that we have here in australia and they were the industry standard but the variation in actual length of needle bars and tubes is huge so if you can send me your address we are making something that will fix this and we will send you one out as soon as we have it."

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    Slick...all my machines are taking a back seat to the Gen 8's since I got them. People have been trying to design that do everything machine?...yeah so far I haven't found anything the damn Gen 8 can't do and that's no bullshit. It's the most well rounded machine I've ever picked up.
    that's good to hear Mick I will be having mine delivered tomorrow cant wait ,the thing that caught my eye with this machine is the coil dial for 10 different stroke actions correct if i am wrong cant wait to try this beast out will post again in a week later!!!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    it really pisses me off when i drop 550 bucks on a machine and i have to get replacement parts right away.... its happend to me on more then one rotary from more then one company. for fuck sakes make sure ur shit is made correctly before releasing it to save you and your customers headaches.. some builders have lost my gbusiness forever over this and rightfully so. when you drop that kinda coin on something it should be flawless... especially when mass produced ....

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i read that comment from mick and its what made me buy a gen 8 in the first place,.... i wish i had never read it., because i really hated mine and sold it at a loss just to try and get some of my money back haha

Post Thanks / Like
    that sucks, I love it what did you not like about it? and did you have the weights? I think it is amazing!

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i thought it was amazing at first too , well despite the fact the wire to the rca was broken upon arrival and swashes answer to me was buy a soldering iron, so i can homemade repair my new 550 dollar machine.... anyways fixed that, wasnt impressed with the size.. it sounds like a coil on higher volts. i also had customers complaining about slow heals and lines falling out. all of witch i havent had a problem with in years.... touched up the bad heals with my mc2 plus some new very solid color areas and got calls saying wow fastest heal ever.. i guess my main problems were the size the noise the lack of customer support. and then ontop of it getting the bad heals. it just got too many options for me id say. when u can load up a no give machine and just plug and play thats quieter smaller and that isnt givin u bad feedback from the customers. just had no place in my drawer..... not saying it isnt a great machine im sure it works awesome for some people. lots actually. i would just still buy a whip over another gen 8 anyday i expected too much i guess and was let down...

Post Thanks / Like
    that does suck. I mainly use for lining, but I guess that's why there are so many dif machines, lol.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think a no give 3.8 stroke rotary does it all and really u dont need anything else the settings to me seem more of a headache there is already so many variables in tattooing and so many different ways to achieve one result and by having more options i was actually limiting my own growth as an artist. I think franco put it best when he told me a no give machine becomes like autopilot like driving your car ur thinking of 50 other things while u do it yet u still dont crash thats how i like my tattooing now. automatic