Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the one thing i have question about mick-is there two sliders one on each side that you click in to the same setting selection you want-wonder if you get unequal flex if there is only one on the side.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    naw homie there is only one adjustment slider, there's no need for two because one wont give you unequal flex because it affects the clips rigidity as a whole. especially with the linear delivery of the needle points. It doesn't cant the needle configurations give more on one side than the other, It performs in conjunction so the impact and delivery is equal. if the scale were lets say 500:1 then you may notice a slight delivery variability but with the transference of momentum ending through an ultimately linear delivery system the variability would be very minute.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

3. Like slicksteel liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Technical as fuck with it ha

5. Like tattood liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mick have you tried the gen 8 with t tech how soft is the give compard to the whip

Post Thanks / Like
    I use the gen 8 with ttechs exclusively, the adjustability is as hard as a gen 6 with no give to softer than a whip with the softest clip. It has a very good span of adjustment capability.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    I use the gen 8 with ttechs exclusively, the adjustability is as hard as a gen 6 with no give to softer than a whip with the softest clip. It has a very good span of adjustment capability.
    Hmmm i will have to try a t tech set up with my gen 8....You using the cheyenne grip thats made for standard machine or t techs own grips?...Just wondered if any of them are the better of the two?...I got some t tech carts to use and like them a lot...The bugpin mags are awesome..

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    hhmm this thread has definatly perked my interest in this machine.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shit im sold what about the weights mick do you use either of those at all . The standard stroke with no weight os around 3.5 mm right ? But obviously the more volts or add a weight will give u more stroke . Did you take out the stay up spring to run your t tech or just use as is

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mark i prefer the t tech grips i like to put my grips inside a machine bag and then insert the cartridge to push the bag inside the grip then i wrap with medical tape around the grip to keep it all in place and the med tape is the plastic type that gives a grip like texture on the outside . I found with my hawk grip the fit was too tight for the bag method and cart it worked but made pulling them in and out a hassle t tech grips work perfect for me and my bagging method

Post Thanks / Like
    yes....this is dead on....you can go one step further and add those disposable foam grips from true tube.
    i did this because gripping on the hard stainless for 3-4 hours at a time is kinda shitty and the foam makes the tube into a 1.5 in which is where i like my grip for shading.

I ordered mine from unimax a week and a half ago and i'm still waiting and they cant give me an exact ship date, except within 2 weeks.
    almost said fuck it and ordered it straight from swash but it's 70 bucks more that way.......sigh

Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Mark i prefer the t tech grips i like to put my grips inside a machine bag and then insert the cartridge to push the bag inside the grip then i wrap with medical tape around the grip to keep it all in place and the med tape is the plastic type that gives a grip like texture on the outside . I found with my hawk grip the fit was too tight for the bag method and cart it worked but made pulling them in and out a hassle t tech grips work perfect for me and my bagging method