Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    is........................??????????

2. Like Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    im usualy doing a very light graywash to open the skins pores(dont know if thats how its called) and then build darker tones..the result is very smooth but id like to have a machine coil like hitting.really soft

Post Thanks / Like
    I've heard the Hyper V3 hits super soft or have i just confused things more?

5. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree with Bishop on this...The choice is yours...and Sunskin ain't the Best Coil Machines out there, maybe the best you have used, so just like picking a Rotary Machine it all comes down to experience...As you have limited experience, anything that is suggested to you could be futile, and pointless...Just go for the Spektra, with all available Cams/Motorbolts...It might not suit you, but will be easier to trade/sell than the Primus..

Post Thanks / Like
    i dont have near as much experience as most on here, but i think alot could be said if an artist with little experience is able to get a smooth shade. then for an artist with alot of experience it wood be that much easier.. Id agree with the DD with no give . doesnt even seem to make since because there is not give but damn DD's seem to shade super smooth. I love aluminum RW springer with the slightest amount of give set.. and i hear the ID is doing the job well to .. but like bishbyname said its down to the artists but the right machine for the artist makes it much easier. I went through I'd say 15 rotaries before i found my go to shader..

Post Thanks / Like
    Try a Rotaryworks ID....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    I agree with Bishop on this...The choice is yours...and Sunskin ain't the Best Coil Machines out there, maybe the best you have used, so just like picking a Rotary Machine it all comes down to experience...As you have limited experience, anything that is suggested to you could be futile, and pointless...Just go for the Spektra, with all available Cams/Motorbolts...It might not suit you, but will be easier to trade/sell than the Primus..
    that is great point, get machines that are super easy to trade if it comes to that, the top ones i have noticed that always trade quick style are the hyper v3, mini cranker, neotat vivace, halo, and if an Impact or Hm adjustable ever came up....

Post Thanks / Like
    i've used also a stigma hyper v3.the dragonfly seems beter to me than the stigma...the smoothest rotary i've used was a dragonfly knock off we had bought from ebay..we used it 2 times before making it into pieces...

Post Thanks / Like
    After playing around with coils, and some 'give' rotaries, ive finally settled on using a Dan Kubin DD for greywash. It would have been the last type of machine I would have tried as ive always been under the illusion that to do soft grey shades you need a soft hitting machine, but I find the no give direct drive so much better. Theres more consistency with this method for me. If you want the pigment in, it goes in!!

Give was always a chore to get it in there for me, so consequently i'd be pushing to get penetration which would result in choppy uneven shades. Im the first to admit, my b and g is not my strongest point but I do believe it has improved and I feel a lot more confident with a machine that I control as opposed to one that is relying on a spring??

12. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    when i do black and grey with the dragonfly i unscrew the give system.i dont want it tighthened almost at all.this makes it like no give??