Post Thanks / Like

Rapier II bearing help.

I don't want to bug Cary about this. I have already been bugging him about a new slide for one of my machines. I know he is busy.

I was working yesterday and I had the lower bearing fail ( the one that attaches to the spindle on the motor ), not the upper bearing in the slide. It jammed and the the machine froze.

Trust me it was a long time coming, machine is built like a tank. I use the constant running setting on my power supply and I tattoo a good 15-25 pieces a week. I used this machine a ton.

Regardless of all that as it is definitely just a worn bearing. I popped it out and measured it. Looked to be 5mm x2mm with a roughly 2mm inner diameter for the shoulder screw. Also a flange of about 6mm

So I have a bearing that matches that exactly. However the 5mm main body diameter is just a little large. So I double measured and it seems that bearing is more like 4.8 or 4.9mm ( sorry the calipers at the shop don't do fractional millimeters ). So I assume this is an imperial non metric bearing.

To bring this very long and over explained question to a close. Does anyone know what the size is exactly so I can order one? I don't really wish to bug Cary and would like to just buy it in Europe and get the machine back in order.

Thanks.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bearings come in every possible siz you would need.

http://www.bearingscanada.com/servlet/StoreFront if they have it im sure you can get in europe - if you cant i can order it and pop it in the mail for you.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by nivek View Post
    Bearings come in every possible siz you would need.

http://www.bearingscanada.com/servlet/StoreFront if they have it im sure you can get in europe - if you cant i can order it and pop it in the mail for you.
    Thanks man I will check it out. And if I need to I will def take you up on that offer.

Post Thanks / Like
    Cary sent me a few part number for the parts that are used & the website he gets them from. I will find it & send it to you later.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by serial1313 View Post
    Cary sent me a few part number for the parts that are used & the website he gets them from. I will find it & send it to you later.
    That would be great.

Post Thanks / Like
    I will send you later the schemes of bearings I've saved on my computer....so you can find the exact model in this site...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD