Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Post Thanks / Like
    pipe insulation, works awesome, i was hesitant at first because of sterility fears but just cold sterilize immediately prior to use with FDmadicide and alls good. hey caleb have you tried to autoclave the pipe insulation? just was wondering if that was an option haven't tried it. ive only used a few weeks but haven't seen a reason to, just thought that like with any thing else if it can be claved it would mean less doubt for some. i wrap my t-tech/rpg grips in plastic wrap, then the pipe insulation, then wrap the insulation with plastic wrap. works great. its like with anything, most things we use for tattooing were originally intended for some other use. we adopt it then it becomes standard. thanks for the idea on the other thread caleb

Senior Member Caleb's Addiction's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    No, I've not tried to autoclave. I imagine it would be messy! LOL.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Post Thanks / Like
    yeah, lol. probably. seems how my autoclave goes to about 270 degrees and I just read that most foam pipe tubing has 210 degree limit
    Last edited by cagelavey; 11-14-2013 at 05:59 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    did find this though has a 300 degree heat limit, I might see how this shit works for autoclaving, just curious.

Detailed Product Description

Wall Thickness:6mm 7mm 9mm 15mm 20mm 25mm 30mm
    Length: 1.8m to 300m

We can also make other specifications according to your requirements.
    Our pipe insulation many advantages ,for example,It has low thermal conductivity and excellent continuable heat insulation. The material has the function of water-proof and anti-condensation,so you can use it for long time .Moreover, not only it is environmental but also has beautiful appearance.

# Air Conditioner Rubber Thermal Insulation Pipe #

1.Product Pictures

Post Thanks / Like
    393154_resized.jpg the best tape ,is like spiderman on your grip
    At last! my arm is complete again....
    Sweeney Todd

Post Thanks / Like
    I tried to autoclave foam pipe insulation. It was... Unsuccessful to the say least. I did however have a nicely packaged spittle of goo.

7. Like Dom liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    ^^haha

Post Thanks / Like
    lol!

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like
    see there is pipe tubing made of similar material as the true grips that can be autoclaved and at a fraction of the price. I mean its not some space aged type alloy that only they have access to, I imagine it just would take some research. true grips are awesome and convenient, a good product. but if I can find something that works just as well and it saves me flow, im on it. my wife is all about percentages, me not so much. she sat down once and showed me how much I could save annually if I just bought this, didn't buy that. needed this didn't need that, etc. and by doing it her way I save like 2300 dollars a year. I used to just get low on supplies then id buy more, she now has made it where I only order the brunt of my supplies every three months, on a schedule. I was throwing a lot of money away just because id see some shit and think hey that would be cool and id never look and see if there were cheaper yet quality alternatives, and in most cases there were. so im always on the look for a profitable way to do it while still maintaining the same convenience and quality. sometimes it takes time to get to the right product, and a lot of times I find myself return to what I previously used. I just view it all like I would when looking for a new machine(except with machines, the price isn't usually the dciding factor) and in doing it that way I get a similar joy from the search.