Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    I just got a new to me Bishop 4.2 and it's pretty damn loud. Especially compared to my other one that's 3mm and virtually silent. Is there an easy I can do or should I send it in?

Post Thanks / Like
    I work with guys who have multiple Bishops...about 6 machines in total, and their machines are almost coil like loud compared to my Vivace.

3. Like tattood liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    matt my 4.2 is loud aswell, franco said to me the bearing may be rubbing against the side wall inside the frame!!! but mine originaly was a 3.5 so he says thats why, you just gota run the machine while tightening the bottom screws and move the motor around a little bit until you find its quietest.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by zack_fa1r View Post
    matt my 4.2 is loud aswell, franco said to me the bearing may be rubbing against the side wall inside the frame!!! but mine originaly was a 3.5 so he says thats why, you just gota run the machine while tightening the bottom screws and move the motor around a little bit until you find its quietest.
    this is exactly what i had to do to mine. My advice send it in and have Franco try his best to remedy the noise. It is a real pain having to adjust the motor till it gets just right. And to be honest, this never really made the machine that much more quiet. Also the noise is from a sloppy slide. run the machined and put a lil pressure on the slide and it will quiet it way down. I had some luck with a tight rubber band going all the way around and through the needle clip. Hope that helps ~
    Last edited by tattood; 10-21-2013 at 12:15 PM.