Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Halo give....

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Halo give....

Curious what all you Halo users think about the give of the Halo...

Seems to be a strong machine but the hit is rather smooth.. I would estimate that it takes a good 4-5 turns to get any real noticeable give out of it..
    That being said I think the smoothness of the slider and the strength of the motor to get the slider back up quickly combined with the perfect linear stabilization make this machine what it is.
    I don't really think the give is needed so much.

How do you guys run yours for shading in respect to give if you use any at all?

Post Thanks / Like
    Its a pretty stiff give system for sure, not sloppy or overly soft. To me it's perfect. I line and pack w/ the give turned out about 1 1/4 turns. And shade w/ it turned down all the way, no-give.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    i work off of the needles shading 7.7-8.0, line with it at 8.6, pack at 6.6. Ttech cartridges.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Eturnaus how much give turns for each type?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by PAWNJOB View Post
    Its a pretty stiff give system for sure, not sloppy or overly soft. To me it's perfect. I line and pack w/ the give turned out about 1 1/4 turns. And shade w/ it turned down all the way, no-give.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2
    So in essence your not really using the give much at all?
    it's the smoothness and the technology behind the machine is what makes it work for you most of all?

6. Like 1982geeeeb liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I use it all with one Halo, i never completely tighten it down to tattoo. I let it out until i actually feel comfortable with it. Then I am off, i line with a 14rs no problem, co workers say Im like a madman. I use my rapiers for anything smaller.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been following this thread and it seems most Halo users use no give, just a little extra dampening?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    for sure just a turn and half out for line and pack and a half turn out for bng -and bit of damping for boney areas

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

nicholasville and danville ky. we have two locations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm the same as the other guys. About a turn, to a turn and a half off the give and go. I have 3 motor bolts with different strokes. I just mainly change the stroke to achieve whatever I need done. 2.5 for smooth shading or color blending, 3.2 for lining and color or black, 4.0 for color packing and power lining. I've always been been bigger on the stroke length over "give" .bit that's just my way. To each his own. But I do have to agree that the give on the halo is not a squishy feather soft system. It gives just enough to effect the needles depth in the skin, instead of hitting so soft that half the strikes just bounce off. Give where it actually matters , I guess you could say

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I agree totally.. and I think that is what he had in mind... so it speaks volumes for the technology behind the Halo.... something very unique with a solid hit, but yet so damn smooth... i think its softer with no give that my RW ID.
    And after I cleaned the grease out of the threading.. it stopped loosening by itself from the vibration.... i guess its a good thing when the threading gets a little gunked up.. lol makes the give cap work better... stiffer..

If Gaston extended the threading on the slider top, about maybe 5 more threads, and then added five more threads to the give cap.. i would fix this problem. Sure the center bar that holds the armature in place would be a little longer..but that's an easy fix... spring could be longer too lol...

Anyways.. i have no problem using the machine.. it works great now that the give cap is not moving anymore from the vibration..
    Last edited by crabink; 04-18-2013 at 12:34 AM.