Post Thanks / Like

Rotary Works brass 6v bad motor?

Ok here's the problem this is not my first rotary works but is my first 6v everytime i load it up the motor starts to slow down and eventually stops, ive tried everything i can think of different clip cords,power supply,took it apart cleaned really good oiled, everything is put back correct just cant figure this one out. Did not wanna message dale until im 100% sure motor is bad. And i did buy used

Post Thanks / Like
    What power supply are you using?

Post Thanks / Like
    I assume your other RW's worked ok on your current P/S- Clippy set up..So it sounds like one of two things, either your Gromett is rubbing against the Backplate,causing friction, and eventually stopping the machine,or, your motor is faulty.....I see you bought it used, so it will be hard to determine how many hours are on the Machine..What model is it..I wouldn't worry too much, changing a motor takes, 5mins................Will it run for unloaded for longer without stopping?...Lemme know the answer to this..P.

Post Thanks / Like
    p/s is a critical every other machine works good, always use paper towels for gromett and yes it runs alittle longer unloaded, guess i'll have to contact dale and get a motor

Post Thanks / Like
    Motors are cheap. A graupner 300 speed ( if memory serves correct ) is the original. There is a Mabuchi with the exact same specs roughly and an Irigashi that is close. None of them cost more than 10$ and takes only a few minutes to swap.

Post Thanks / Like
    So the graupner 300 will work?

Post Thanks / Like
    It should fit, but I would ask Dale what he recommends. It might be a different model. I do know he was using a graupner model. Maybe ask him via Facebook, he is on there more often.

Post Thanks / Like
    just contacted dale he's sending me a new motor, great builder and customer service and thanks alot owlsden for the info

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Dale does have a reputation to be quick on the draw with replacement parts. Just have to let him know.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.