Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Post Thanks / Like

Replacement motor for Stigma Bizarre

Got a somewhat gutted Stigma Bizarre in a trade at work. Been sitting in the drawer, and I really want to get it up and running. Pretty much all it's missing is the motor, and I was wondering if there was anywhere US based I can get a motor for this? (maxon, mabuchi, etc). I'm handy with tools and soldering/welding so getting a motor attached isn't a problem for me, just getting the motor itself is!

Post Thanks / Like
    V1 or V2? I have always wanted a V1 myself.

Regardless I believe it uses a maxon motor. Although you could use a faulhaber of the same size as a replacement. Most likely has a 1.5mm shaft diameter and 17-20mm outer diameter. This is just a guess, but I imagine I am close.

Your might want to ask them directly. I believe they still sell replacement motors.

http://www.electronicsurplus.com/leftnav/motors/dc.cat

Is a good place to look for something with close specs. So is eBay of course I would measure the cavity as best I can in mm. Most of these motors are in metric. Hope that helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.stigma-rotary-tattoo.com/...d=19&Itemid=27

Here are the parts straight from Stigma.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ah I was hoping to buy locally since I always seem to get horrible luck with customs. The motor length/diameter seems to be 25mm/17mm. It's a Stigma Bizarre V2. I'd really like to find something like a Mabuchi or Faulhauber that would work with it. Had a NeoTaT with a Mabuchi motor and then a newer one with Maxon, I just don't like how maxon runs.

Post Thanks / Like
    Faulhaber 1724 should fit. It is the same motor as the rapier II or the 1717 I believe is the model the dragonfly uses. The link I posted for surplus motors is a US sales website. eBay again is always an option.

Graupner also makes a model 180 speed that is supposed to be about 17mm x 18mm that might fit. They run about 10$ and have a max voltage of 7.5 volts roughly. But I wouldn't guarantee that it would fit. I have no experience with this motor at all.

Post Thanks / Like
    Any clue where I can order the Faulhaber motor, and if Mabuchi might have a motor that fits it?

Post Thanks / Like
    Still trying to find a mabuchi motor that might fit it even with a bit of rigging if anyone has any suggestions!

Site Technical Admin The Sheriff Administrator's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ssmith297 View Post
    Still trying to find a mabuchi motor that might fit it even with a bit of rigging if anyone has any suggestions!
    You may be the first person to attempt this mod.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Administrator View Post
    You may be the first person to attempt this mod.

sent from my oobnoxiosly large galaxy note phone thing via tapatalk.
    Guess I can always buy a few sizes of mabuchis and give it a swing, if it doesn't work no skin off my back I suppose, those motors are pretty cheap.

Post Thanks / Like
    There is a model that might fit. But it has a diameter of 15mm ( assuming the one you are replacing is 17mm ) so you will have to shim it in. I don't remember the model number. Google is your friend. So is the mabuchi website. A little research on your own will go a long way.