Post Thanks / Like

Brushless Motors ???

Are brushless motors a good or even viable option for tattoo machines? Has anyone experimented w/ or heard of a brushless set up for tattoo machines?

Post Thanks / Like
    You need a controller board to run a brushless motor correctly. It can work but would require some infinity to get it working and a good amount of knowledge of rc car electronics too.
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    It's really unnecessary for a tattoo machine. It's like putting a jet turbine on a Chevy.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by MickWrath View Post
    It's really unnecessary for a tattoo machine. It's like putting a jet turbine on a Chevy.

Yeah but that would be fun!
    http://www.wonderlandtattoo.net
    Nick's Rotary, Neotat Vivace x2 (4.2 orange, 3.2 brass), Special Technique, HM Machines, Neds MR04, Lauro DD, Eddie Lollis, Halo x2 (Pink 4 and Grey 3.5), Dan Kubin MC2 3.5, Dan kubin MC2 4.0 Centri cobra, Centri evader Halo Direkt 4.2 and 3.2
    Instagram: #ROB_WONDERLANDTATTOO

Post Thanks / Like
    Hahaha
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey guys I just stumbled across this exact post on Google. Its actually just been done, the Inkjecta Flite V2 has a Maxon brushless pancake motor in it. You're right, a lot of electronics knowledge went into developing that motor in conjunction with Maxon to run on a typical tattoo power supply. I don't work for Inkjecta but i do help them with R&D. It only takes cartridge needles though (which i prefer), i do have a prototype of a their version to run regular needles at the moment as well.
    flite.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh i forgot to say why it's awesome! I dont like to pussyfoot around when tattooing, i want the ink to go in and do it efficiently. On a regular brushed motor rotary if you drop the volts to slow the revolutions you loose punch, on this machine if you drop the volts the motor still has torque and you keep the punch. In saying that, you actually get three weighted bars which have different hardness springs for you to control how hard you want it to hit, it also comes with 3 different stroke cams, 3mm 3.5 and 4.

Post Thanks / Like
    Fuckin awesome! Thanks Mick

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for sharing. I don't know if everyone will read this here. I think it should get its own thread. Maybe even one in Product announcements.