Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Flite v2.1

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using it for awhile now. At first I was not impressed, but after I contacted Byron and he said "Turn the fucker up, it runs from 9-20 volts" I was much happier. I run it around 16-17 volts with a rigid bar. It has more torque than the hawk i think. I go back and forth between that and the hawk. It has a little circuit board inside it and the motor is mounted through it. There is a brief pause when you plug it in, and then it just takes off.

About a year ago i thought i would just use a DD with a hawk flex grip and be done with it. But a DD, in my opinion, just doesnt work like the hawk, or like the Flite. It is absolutely more than just a DD. If you already run a hawk setup, it might be worth it to grab one. If you don't run that setup, then it makes more financial sense to wait for the version for regular needles and tubes. It's quite a commitment to get a flite, grip, and needles if you just want to try one out.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.alphaneedlebars.com/page/o-nas_p22

THIS IS THE NEEDLES BAR I TALK ABOUT BEFORE, THE IDEA COME FROM HERE FOR SURE...

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice. Those don't work like the drive bars from the flite though. Those compress.

Sent from my PadFone 2 using Tapatalk 2

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines No Iron Machines's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    hey TROWHAMMERS, how can the FLITE have GIVE that the SPRING not compress ???

Post Thanks / Like
    Dude, I don't know. But I know Thats how they work because I have one. The springs stretch, they don't compress, there is no space between the spirals for them to compress. How does it work? You would have to ask Byron.
    I posted a pic when I first got it (I think it's in the who sells... section) you can see them there. They physically cannot compress. It is not possible.
    But it's a rad machine!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its not to compress it is to flex as it goes around its rotation which makes it not rigid any more-i have seen this on old directdrives where there is a collet on the bottom of the spring where you clip the needle head off and insert.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, but there are three different ones with different weight springs and they change the amount of give the machine has.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by throwhammers View Post
    Yeah, but there are three different ones with different weight springs and they change the amount of give the machine has.

For sure-improving a old idea!=progress ,I wish more tattooers were open to it!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by throwhammers View Post
    I have been using it for awhile now. At first I was not impressed, but after I contacted Byron and he said "Turn the fucker up, it runs from 9-20 volts" I was much happier. I run it around 16-17 volts with a rigid bar. It has more torque than the hawk i think. I go back and forth between that and the hawk. It has a little circuit board inside it and the motor is mounted through it. There is a brief pause when you plug it in, and then it just takes off.

About a year ago i thought i would just use a DD with a hawk flex grip and be done with it. But a DD, in my opinion, just doesnt work like the hawk, or like the Flite. It is absolutely more than just a DD. If you already run a hawk setup, it might be worth it to grab one. If you don't run that setup, then it makes more financial sense to wait for the version for regular needles and tubes. It's quite a commitment to get a flite, grip, and needles if you just want to try one out.
    How is a direct drive hooked to a fixed grip perform any different then a hawk. all the hawk does is push the plunger rod up and down with no give it is a direct drive so please explain why u feel they are different sure its a dif motor and will use dif volts but to be completly honest they cant run that much different they are both no give direct drive

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you ever worked with a hawk (I've only used the thunder and spirit...)?
    The hawk, for me, is just... different, it's hard to explain. Super low vibration, fast, light, and well balanced. But the big difference for me was in the way it performs. If you touch the skin, the ink is just in there, solid (and this is why I actually didn't like it at first, and had to really give it some time to get used to it). And smooth. I feel like I don't even need a super tight stretch with the hawk when I work...
    If you use a DD and like it, cool!
    I don't think I can describe it very well.