Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

Hummingbird Rotary.

Yestereday an artist contacted me on Facebook saying they had purchased a Rotaryworks ,said they didn't like it and could I recommend a lightweight outliner at a lowish price. I have heard good feedback about the Hummingbird machine, and only that- what I've heard,it retails at about £100 so isn't exspensive. I posted a link to the Tattooshop just so the artist who contacted me could see what the machine looks like ( I did not suggest they buy it from Tattooshop nor do I endorse in any way how Tattooshop do business).
    However this was the reply I recieved "I do not understand why you suggested me to buy a big shit. Since you even on the hate Thetattooshop UK forum! and say that the machine is rotten? you think I'm stupid? or a scratch? already learned to respect people. This is the minimum when you're an adult and responsible man. Without even being an artist... artists are not mythomanes or liars. Otherwise they are the Scratchers!
    good continuation for you in the Tattoo World............................... !" What the hell was all that about? The artist in question "Tatt age" on facebook hasn't even given me the chance to explain, anybody who knows me will tell you I would never try to decieve or mislead a fellow artist,I have helped so many, I don't think I deserve that abuse.
    Now to the machine in question ,is anybody using the Hummingbird and what's the opinion on it? and let's just talk technical ,no politics, I know it's a mish mash of ideas from other machines ,but I have been told by several that it performs well.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Screw em peter, we all know your a standup guy!
    If you compare them side by side the whole front end is different as well as the back end.
    I have a friend that has one and he said it works as good as the bizarre v2 .
    I think you are going to see more of this -take the best ideas all ready proven and roll then into one machine.Its not rocket science to see that certain ideas work well and to mesh them together makes sense.

Update:
    I have been running real bizarre v2s recently for line and they are amazing machines for that task! They are the perfect weight to me and have very little vibrations due to a solid one piece frame. If set up right they make line work effortless. The hummingbird is a fair machine for the price but does not even compare in fit ,form or function. after some assessment of both -the appearance of the hummingbird looks to be better balanced etc ,but it is not and it is much louder with more vibrations.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 06-17-2014 at 12:32 PM. Reason: updated thoughts

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Screw em peter, we all know your a standup guy!
    Any way I thing the hummingbird is what the bizarre should have been. The weight is more forward and better balanced and does not have a big ass end.The motor is closer to the front piston area. If you compare them side by side the whole front end is different as well as the back end.
    I have a friend that has one and it works as good as the bizarre v2 . The piston assembly is the same and made of good material and molded as good.
    I think the motor idea is much better to(if you dont use clippy). I think you are going to see more of this -take the best ideas all ready proven and roll then into one machine.Its not rocket science to see that certain ideas work well and to mesh them together makes sense.
    Thanks for the kind words Slick. What you say about the machine is same as what I've been hearing,when it first appeared I was quite cynical as it's appearance did seem to say "Knockoff". However a good tattooist freind of mine "Marc Fairburn" who could never get along with rotaries,and he's tried allsorts,was given one of these and was very impressed with it. Marc's been in the game like me since the seventies and I always respect his opinion. So, when someone asks me for a suggestion when they seem to be on a budget, I answer truthfully based on what I know or have heard.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have talked to the company that makes these.They have a very big state of the art production company as good as any one elses. If anyone else made this machine it would sell for 400 + easy -the machine is that good.

UPDATE: it seems the quality control are total shit on these-its hit or miss with no customer service. I guess that to be expected by a mass produced machine that is not made by a tattooer and are only out to make a fast buck. And it seem that the production place is not so state of the art-they use alot of stock pictures from other factories to help boost the sales.
    Last edited by slicksteel; 06-18-2014 at 04:24 PM.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hmmm... Maybe i will buy and try one of them then.. I totally discounted it from what i heard on here before.. But you dont deserve that reaction mate if were you i would send him a polite message back telling him to fuck himself.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffstattoos View Post
    Hmmm... Maybe i will buy and try one of them then.. I totally discounted it from what i heard on here before.. But you dont deserve that reaction mate if were you i would send him a polite message back telling him to fuck himself.
    Couldn't do it, they made the message and blocked me. They stated "Something not too exspensive" so the suggestion I made was based on that.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I say very simply FUCK HIM - you did no wrong in my books

Post Thanks / Like
    So has anyone tried one of these yet fir a full review?? I agree with slick,,,this is the way the v2 should have been with more and more machines using interchangable motors,,, I may pick one up and if they not too good,,, use my stigma parts on it,,,if they fit
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    They've braught out a Gen 2 version http://www.tatslifetattoosupplies.co...y-Machine.html .These pics are for your viewing, this is Bill Devenneys' supply company in Northern Ireland ,of which I know little of, so if anybody has issue with Bills' company....please....don't have a rant at me.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Sounds like he needs to get laid, Pete!
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!