Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

stingray...thoughts??????

Does anyone have the new stingray, if so what do you think havent heard anything about them...do they live up to the description there offering or is it a bust id like to snag one up but there deffinetly not cheap and id like to see what othere people think of them before i invest in one

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    bump

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Bump lol

Post Thanks / Like
    did no one buy this? lol

5. Thanks upinarms thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I love mine. Lines like a coil. Puts down "true" lines, not thinner than usual like every rotary I've tried lining with. Honestly, that's all I've used it for. Haven't tried it for any color yet. It's my go-to liner.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks lammy2012....does anyone else have any thoughts on them...lol..guess im gonna have to buy one

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by lammy2012 View Post
    I love mine. Lines like a coil. Puts down "true" lines, not thinner than usual like every rotary I've tried lining with. Honestly, that's all I've used it for. Haven't tried it for any color yet. It's my go-to liner.
    does it line better then a cranker?

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have both the cranker mc13 and stingray i will post a direct review / compare in a month when i get more time with the stingray. so far it has been fun to use and hasnt given me any headache and has done everything i have wanted it to id really like a better description from ink machines of what the desmondic roller cam system does to create a better motion. one thing i have noticed is this machine can go very soft. it runs between 8-12 volts and seems pretty smooth on higher volts one thing i havent been able to get it to do yet is push t tech. even with no give it stalls around 9.5 v i will try on higher v but i doubt it will run as good as it does with disposables especially the give. Function

Post Thanks / Like
    Joel, I know for dragonfly they recommend to remove the return spring to push hawk or t-techs. Don't know if that's the case for Stingray, but I would say most likely it is.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Blondan View Post
    Joel, I know for dragonfly they recommend to remove the return spring to push hawk or t-techs. Don't know if that's the case for Stingray, but I would say most likely it is.

ill look for it i usually do im just a little hesitant taking apart the stingray as u know with the dragonfly they have a lot of little parts to lose. used the machine again today im really liking it alot , they do run on higher volts the stingray on 9v is like the halo at 7.5v the max i run the halo ever is 9v the stingray i can crank to 12 no problem

the manual states u can go as high as 13. there is no needle lift or wobble that i can tell yet even on higher volts.. but i havent used it that high yet usually just around the 9 volts it seems perfect i have been enjoying the give alot it goes really soft. as soft as a v3 without the nipple shredding issues

the machine is really nice the vice is great holds my disposables nice and tight, needle tensioner works great and a good size vice knob to grab on to. my only slight problem with it is setting up the needle in the tube you should do it running as when u push the nipple post down it actually makes the needle stick out further then when you actually have it running. so its best to check your set up running.. one of the cool features it has is a little switch on the side by where the cam is and you can push it down if your machine is ever stuck in the up position u dont need turn it on or grab the cam arm, it just psuhes the bearing abit i guess and makes u be able to easily push it into the down position while its off.