Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines jesoner79's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    the 10 wat is so the life of the motor is extended under the constant on off action we use and the resistance of the tensioners and skin and dried ink the motor will never get hot cuz u are not using any where near the amount of power to make it overheat

Post Thanks / Like
    Hello Jesoner79,

I have not understand what you mean. I'm very interesting to buy a Prodigy machine & i' m so curious to get well the difference between 4,5 & 10. I focused on 10 anyway, thx for getting me clearly Cheers guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I own and use two V3s everyday. I noticed, after using em for over 6 months (and gotten comfortable using them), I couldnt drop larger group lines (with ease) or work my larger mags the way I wanted because of the limitation of the 4.5 watt motor bolt. After alot of consideration I decided to try the Prodigy (for the give) with the 10 watt motor. I couldnt be more pleased with its performance, this thing is every mans dream. Its not the prettiest but the authority it wields is no joke. Im not interested in using it for smaller groups as my V3's do a great job but if I need some extra beef I turn to my 10 watts of heaven.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi guys!! i own a prodigy with the 10w motor 15 days now, and the only thing that i have to say is this.....Artemis just mak my dreams come true!!! this piece of art, is amazing!!
    The Ink Project Tattoos

Post Thanks / Like
    I havent tried the 4.5 motor, I got the prodigy with a 10 w motor, however I have two bizarres that came with the built in motor 4.5. and I think the only difference is how fast you can saturate color, there is not need to bust the volts to do it. with 7 you are able to pack color in most of the skin types. very strong and nice machine. I'm about to get another one. However there is a little bit more of vibration and after long sitting my hand hurst a little but the machine is a monster with the motor.. I love it... I prety much use it for all my color packing and the bizarres only for soft shading. hope this helps

Post Thanks / Like
    I heard there is side to side play in the prodigy's armature. is this true?

Post Thanks / Like
    10 watt motor to pack or blend color??...thats overkill

i use a 10 watt motor....but it is for pushing a 14rl or 8rs for big bold one pass lines.......for that....the 10 watt motor is perfect for me....because you get the torque and power at lower volts.....none of the infamous vibration that is associated with alot of rotaries when cranking up the volts to line
    Last edited by chris-in-cali; 09-07-2013 at 12:45 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    so is there any side to side play in the prodigy, like ive heard? and if so how much of a problem is this?

Post Thanks / Like
    Im using 2x 4.5w motors on 3 beasts and a prodigy and have no power..heating..exhausted problems at all...no side wobble issues at all...along with my v3s...all 3 models are more than adequate for what I do...I use standard needles and disposables no cartridges at all...and rarely go above a 15mag...after a full 10 hour day...they cool as they were when I started....keep the ink from dryin on the needles..keep well maintained and lubed correctly...not to much tension on tje needle retainer...these motors gunna last years...not tried.the 10w I must add...and like said...the stigma team just wouldnt release something that was pointless or unusuable so it obv has a place and purpose...and again like it been said...if ya pushing a 45 mag cartridge....thats alot of resistance so the extra juice would obv be benefial to the motor life....suppose ya wouldnt use a sledge hammer to hang a picture nail
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right