Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Workhorse rotary?

Has anyone used the new version and how are these machines in comparison to the sling shots from special tec

Post Thanks / Like
    I was just checking those out today...it looks like they ironed out the misgivings I had with the first version, it looks like it should perform really well. I'd pick one up if the price is reasonable...the white ones look sweet too.

Post Thanks / Like
    Zombie bump. Used the white one today for lining and it's amazing so far. I have a Traxis and I think it's just as awesome but about half the weight. It feels balance wise more like using a Hyper with the heavy front and super light rear section...so "all" the weight is in the front and is very vertical and awesome feeling. Its not really white though...more ghost gray looking to me and I like it more than the super white pictures they have.

Post Thanks / Like
    And it has a TON of give, closest rotary I've used for lining to a coil with the perfect amount of nice give. Ran a tight 5 today with no blowouts and single pass lines just fine too.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Used the older model and newer one hated both of them first one sounded awful. They both got sold fast. Rotarys with give and lining don't work for me I just use less of a stretch

Post Thanks / Like
    amazing lining ... can any compare with cranker or similar ?

Post Thanks / Like
    I just couldn't own one, I think they are one of the ugliest rotaries out there, I know function is more important than the look of the machine, but I guess I just like my machine to have curves and style. if the housing were more aesthetic id give it ago, but there are other machines that function well that are still pleasing to look at also. so, I wont be getting one. also I haven't heard many good things about function either, all my opinion only.

Post Thanks / Like
    i have only heart bad thinks about this machine ??!

Post Thanks / Like
    me too

Post Thanks / Like
    Workhorse Irons do something pretty Special in the Coil Machine World....They are an "eclectic mix" of some of the "most famous/best builders"....So you have some fantastic builds from individuals, mixed with "co-op" designs....However, not when it comes to Rotaries...The first one was shocking, not as bad as the Centri, but pretty close....The second one was a revisit, again, it was as if this was "forced" on WHI, like a penance not a pleasure....I will probs never run another WHI Rotary, the people at WHI know what they are brilliant at...So they don't need me to tell them...Only saying....