Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

SL RW stroke length

Hi folks :-) I brought a 12v SL Rotary Works just before Christmas and the stroke length is simply to short for me, resulting in me only using her 3 times upto now :-( . Ive contacted dale to see if he has a long stroke cam I can fit to it but he aint got back to me yet (only been two days yet though). If not . . . . . . . . . Is their anyone with a long stroke rotary machine they would like to swap . . . My slimline has only been used for a max of 30 mins upto now so is realy still brand new :-) .

Post Thanks / Like
    I would measure the length. My understanding is that they were always about 3.5 mm and that only recently did he start offering a short stroke machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the Slimline has a slightly shorter stroke, as it is "mainly" for B&G work...But, don't quote me..
    Last edited by skinmech; 05-05-2013 at 08:36 AM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have one, it's 2.5 stroke and has a Maxon motor, they're strictly for B&G, and I recommend you use thick soft silicone for your grommet. CORRECTION! ,I'm confusing it once again with the micro RW, but I do have a slimline, they were made with a 3.5 stroke, if it's shorter than that it's a mystery.
    Last edited by peter clements; 05-05-2013 at 08:49 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    You are correct Peter, the Micro, was a dedicated B&G Machine....I am puzzled with this as welll...

Post Thanks / Like
    How do you lot messure the stroke length ? ? A ruler ?

Post Thanks / Like
    A ruler is a rough guide,but, a micrometer caliper is better..Something like this.. http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/LCD-DIGITA...item4d03f4c50f

Post Thanks / Like
    hey devans I sent you a PM also- if you load up the macine with a needle and tube and rubberband. then roll the bearing until its at the top center. then move you tube until the needle is just level with the tip of the tube now lock you vice. then roll you bearing around until it is bottom center and use a small metel ruler that measure in mm and measure from the tip of the tube of how much needle is hanging out and that is your stroke.
    i remember that dan kubin and a video up on his site one time that you can watch
    VAGABOND JAY

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jay. Looks like a 2.7 or 3mm to me. My other RW looks like a 4mm and I love that for linning.

Pop me a picture up of your 4mm stroke RW pleas Jay :-) I might be interested ? What motor is it mate ?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Get one of those digital calipers that Paul recommends, cheap as chips, I check the strokes on all my machines with em,one of those little tools everyone should have.