Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Cheyenne hawk dilemma

So I have an original hawk. It's having some issues I'm not sure exactly what the problem is but basically when you try and run the machine the motor does a half turn and that's about it. It kind of gets stuck. My guess is the motors whooped.

At any rate I got the machine in a trade. I contacted Cheyenne they said to send it back to the distrubutor. After I explained the situation already. So got dead ended their then I emailed kingpin and unimax to see if they can point me in the right direction to get this thing fixed. Nothing back from either of them and it's been a week. So my real question is if anyone has had this problem, how did you go about resolving it.
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    Are you using the original power supply? The motor is polarity protected and if you use a different power supply the voltage may be switched. This forcing the motor to stop. I remember when the hawk first came out, I was told that if I wanted to get one I had to get the power supply too as it wouldn't run with normal power supplies.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been using it on an eikon ems 300
    being an artist is about feeling completely inadequate...and then getting the fuck over it. self revelation

Post Thanks / Like
    I would try and swap the polarity of the cable. Maybe make a cable with a male and female plug that changes the polarity so you don't have to alter the original..

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using the spirit on a critical and a pu1 from Cheyenne and their is a not a big difference... But if i try an eikon i need to start it off really high volts.. I suggest only running their machines on the Cheyenne ps..

Post Thanks / Like
    My spirit runs totally fine on it. It's just the original one. And I'll give that a shot owls den thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If the same had till recently with a similar problem. Time she worked very well and sometimes the engine did not turn at all or only very slowly convert has also not helped. It seems to be a problem with the electronics which is right behind on the engine. Because I had no more guarantee, I have screwed on them and without further ado have soldered 2 cables directly to the engine. Since then she ran without problems and had never again the mistake.
    Sorry for my bad english,i am to old to learn it anymore perfekt....I think

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the input guys Cheyenne has been no help at all

Post Thanks / Like
    Cheyenne Hawk (Mt. Derm ) has a great customer service ! I had problem with a grip and they just replace it for a new one !!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Heyya,the deal is the Cheyyanne power supply is 1 Amp and a regular can go between 2 to 4 Amps.You will need a power supply with a lower amperage-the lower the more power.The more power the easier to push your motor.But be careful cheap low amps power supplys can burn it out easily.You can go up to a 2 amp pwer supply but the first Hawk has more trouble starting than the following two hawks,so I would recommend a 1 or 2 amp power supply,easily bought from a quality electronics shop.