Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

pleas help me folks with ink an techneque

Hi folks. Hear is my problem . Hear gose.

I use Kuro Sumi and mix my own washes in bottles 1/4 and 1/2 mix with WitchHazel. As ive progresed I find my miix is to dark and my 1/4 mix should probably be my dark for shading.

BUT . . . . . . I find Witch Hazel will not susspend my ink for long (the pigment sinks to the botom quick)

Sooooo . . . What would you find mixes best with pigment and what mix would you use to slowly build your shades. . . . . . . But I like KuroSumi.

Also . . . . . . .

Ive been scrubbing my shading in instead of whipping. I quite like this style but I find often it leavs two lines on the sideward motion of the circle motion ? ? ? ? Duz that make sence folks ?

All the help would be very very very welcome.

Post Thanks / Like
    sometimes, when your worried about you shading looking choppy sit back in your chair and looks at it from a normal perspective.

I found kurosumi didnt suit me, if i mix my own i use waverly blue bird or just get some of jimmees number 13 (trust me devs man). instead of premixing then if your worried about ink suspension just work from the caps using just water, either the drop method or fill them all with water dip black then into first empty pot and so fourth

Post Thanks / Like
    If you wanna go old school, a long time ago I was told to add a drop of glycerine to keep the grey wash mixed together. I don't really use it myself, but a lot of color pigments use glycerin to add some thickness to the ink. Could help. I also sometimes add some blue or white to my washes to either warm them up or cool them down, that can also help keep them from separating so quickly.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think its my techneque mainly. I was just wanting some input on you techneques for large blends like clouds ect

Post Thanks / Like
    Definitely try a couple drops of glycerin. It will help keep a workable puddle on the skin with the scrubbing motion.

6. Like nivek liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Use a 15 or 23 mag for the smoothest tones over large areas

8. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i recently started using glycerin/witch hazel...it really does help....just a quick dip after you have loaded your tube.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh . . . . So you dont mix the gliserine. . Glyserene . . . Glyserine (cant spell it) In with the Hazel you just use it to dip into ?. And I do think I need some bigger curved mags, I only have upto 15 s.

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally mix some up in a bottle just to keep my number of caps to a minimum but it really comes down to what works for you

Post Thanks / Like
    Old school bit of (good)vodka and glycerine

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD