Post Thanks / Like

MR03/05 Spares Kit and Upgrades

I'd like to hear from anyone who has installed their MR03 spares kit upgrades. What results have you had w/ the the updated MR03 and MR05?

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been using my mr03 daily and the mr05 I used a couple times it just wasn't for me I didn't really like the weight of it but it ran very well and lined like a champ, but as far as my mr03 I use it everyday and love it for color packing. I haven't yet used the fast motor in the mr03 for lining or black and grey but I will soon and I have another body and grips on the way for a second mr03 machine for my fast motor. That's my latest on the mr03/mr05.

3. Thanks PAWNJOB thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. Did you have any problem drilling out the bushing?

Post Thanks / Like
    I personally didn't drill mine because mine didn't have a sticking issue with mine I've really been debating on drilling mine since I really didn't have that issue with my machine but I will still probably end up drilling mine so I don't have that problem in the future.

Post Thanks / Like
    I still havnt got all the extra stuff

Post Thanks / Like
    Got the repair kit. MR05 runs smooth and quiet with the T-tech grips and pushrods. Haven't tried the MR03 grips on the MR05 because the cartridges won't seat without pliers. I changed the vice screw to a wingnut style with a little longer screw. Didn't like the little round knob thing. Haven't used the MR05 to tat with yet. Feels pretty good in my hand though.

MR03 doesn't run well at all. Runs inconsistently (fast and slow). Runs very loud (clatters). Had already drilled out the lower bushing before I got the repair kit because the lower pushrod was sticking. Doesn't restart unless I unwind the grip each time I stop. Had to cut the sponge spring in half (relieve pressure) to get the machine to start at all. Sometimes the upper pushrod comes off the swash cam ball thingy.

Ed says he's working on upgrading everything. Hopefully he get's it running smooth, quiet, and consistently. I really like the feel of the linear machine in my hand. I use the Stylus now, but would like a little more power.