Post Thanks / Like

Ego power triangle combos and uses

I recently picked up an Ego in a trade and I'm very intrigued by it and like it thus far. I have seen some good talk on here about it and got some good information. However what I haven't seen anywhere is a comprehensive chart or listing of different color combinations and uses for the different grades of rubber triangles from someone more experienced with this machine. Anyone on here been using one for longer than a week want to put together a simple but helpful list to go over the combinations they've found useful and the applications they used them for?

I.e.
    Lining with 5-7 rds
    soft black and grey
    solid black work
    color blending
    color packing
    larger mags
    and any other applications I may have left out.

thus far I've only used it as a liner to push 7 rounds using the black triangle on the bottom and the blue up top with moderate success. I may attempt to use a softer top triangle and tinker around more when I get a chance.

thanks!!

Post Thanks / Like
    i got an ego recently and i love it. i have tried a few different combos n have tried it to line but ultimately i have found that it works best for me as color packer with a red and blue combination. the red in the back,blue in the front. so far, it seems that the color just saturates the skin when i use it. now mind u, not everyone tattoos the same, so what works for me may not work for everyone. i like a hard hit n i tend to use machines most ppl use for liners as color packers. it really depends on how fast or slow u move and u n how u stretch the skin to find the right groove for the machine n with the different triangles. i generally use swashdrives for lining but the ego n my nicks machine i use for b/g and color. i also use a critical power supply and run the ego at between 6.5-7 volts. i also use a combo of ink from eternal, fantasia, and fusion color which i find to b equally awesome.i still use eternal but I'm really liking fusion and fantasia bit more. hope this may give u some info on the ego that may b useful. overall, don't give up on the ego bc it is a great machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yellow triangle at top for the coil boggin down a bit effect and black bottom so its like the abar hitting coil tops and having the black on bottom will whip it out skin quickly and cleanly, and 8.5 volts I do colour and black and grey with this setup, also a tad more needle out helps as well

4. Like bjt0012 liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    just bringing an old thread back up as iv purchaced 2 recently and still playing around with the rubber triangles. whats everybody using, lining, colour, bng ect!

cheers james

Post Thanks / Like
    Pretty much no matter what color in use on top for give I use black on bottom. As stated above its the positive removal of the needle from the skin. I use black on top for lining. So far only colored with blue but it works so well that I haven't gotten around to doing anything else. Gonna try green this week.

Post Thanks / Like
    always heard if the black closest to vice is black always then you get some good down force from the soft giving on top then the black kinda pulls it back down a bit, most ive talked to only like the black towards the vice.