Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

wow.. very exciting eye opener

This post is about envy needles, but more importantly about not using bug pins for rotary machines unless it black and grey.

I've been using bugpins for years for everything... and sometimes i would get very bad heals. The reason is because with rotaries you don't get the resistance with bug pins.. they push deep effortlessly.

Today I was doing to american traditional tattoo of a rooster cover up on a guys back and he was in pain.. was running a 13 bugpin mag with a 4 mm stroke Halo at like 7-7.5

I decided to try my new 11 mag from envy and the resistance was perfect. I could not believe how fucking soft, controlable and efficient the hit was.... he said the pain was less than 40% of what it was...
    Seems the short taper is what rotary was designed for.... its the perfect combination of resistance and inkjection.. machine no longer made a loud vibration sound.. was quiet and I could feel the softness.
    Never realized how much difference it could make... gonna set the bug pins down and start using envy needles for all color....
    I was utterly effortless to get the ink in at 7 volts. could of ran it higher but didn't need to..

This is what I hoped rotaries was like..... glad i used normal needles with the halo and discovered the difference.

a hugeeeeeeeee difference.... bug pins can cause a lot more trauma. the tapered end of needles acts like a dampening mechanism...

just some helpful imfo for anyone interesed.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Post Thanks / Like
    try some t-techs with it dude...easily the best set up i have found

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    yea for sure those tatsoul are also better then standard needles thoe. And try there bugpins for bng they are a in between size.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    t techs dont come in mags larger than 9?
    Last edited by crabink; 05-15-2013 at 10:15 PM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its a cartridge system so you can use any machine like a cheyenne hawk where you can just pop on and off needle cartridges so u really only need the one machine set up and u can go to any needle you want anytime 3rl to 23 mag

Post Thanks / Like
    What more could you say about bugpin for BnG? I really like them for my BnG and I'm about to get a spektra set real soon and the more info the better. I'm used to coils for everything except color packing with a bishop. You say there is no dampening with bugpins, would you say it's too sharp? What's your hypothesis on standard taper bugpins if that is the case? Would you consider this problem to carry over to long taper regular needles?

Post Thanks / Like
    i might be going crazy...but i swear i was pushing a 15 mag the other day

8. Like slicksteel liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i think your problem may have been the fact that bugpins arnt the best for color as it is , not te dampening thing, what about pug pins creating a hole that is too small for some pigments,.. could that have been causing the bad heals, making you work harder and cause more pain to get it in, then you use a #12 and your making the right size hole and the ink is going in faster because of that... just an idea.. i dont use bug pins i can get smooth black and grey without

i guess if it was fine with coils this may not be the case or maybe its just that tatsoul makes one nice pin

Post Thanks / Like
    I have 23 mag long tapers and 27 mag bugpins in my drawer from ttech right now.
    Owner/Artist Living Dead Tattoo Studio, Las Vegas.
    Instagram: #mickwrath
    www.livingdeadtattoo.net

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I was at the t tech site the mags only went up to 9 mags... were do you get larger cartridge groupings?

Do you still use a rubber band with t techs?
    Last edited by crabink; 05-16-2013 at 01:48 PM.