Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: primus sunskin

Post Thanks / Like

primus sunskin

about a week i bought the primus in black brass color with clipcord conection...i've always been a fun of sunskin.actually im only using sunskins.many times i tried to switch to something else but got back to them...the primus has an excelent build to start from.very solid machine.a bit weighty but there is also an aluminium version of it which is lighter...i have used tha dragonfly,the v3 and the spektra.from all 4 i prefered the sunskin.it felt pretty much like coils.it would do smooth shading and really good coloring..i havent used it for lining but i've heard of people using it for lining.for a long period of time i had switched back to coils for b&g but now i'm using the primus for most of my work..perfect machine.. 10/10 is my rating....

2. Like puffreis liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    what stroke has the primus ... i have the centri , Nicks , Whip, HM Adjustable and gen8 , spektra and work most only with the gen8 and the hm.

Post Thanks / Like
    it's 3.6!!!every day i love it more and more

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    does it have adjustable give? or is it DD?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    does it have adjustable give? or is it DD?
    It looks like it has a type of set give non adjustable sort of like a hm mini evolutiion correct me if im wrong . I have admired the sunskin primus for awhile they look like a great machine and im starting to think a 3.5 stroke and a nice medium hit is the perfect all arounder

Post Thanks / Like
    ah ... i make a order an test this machine - looks nice and solid - most of my work is photorealistic B&G

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    well.. anymore reviews on the primus?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I really want one you dont hear much about them but from all the rotarys i have tried i think it would fit my style quite well for some reason i like having a bit of give and fixed is my favorite.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah in my opinion ... if something with the design and function of a Halo would come out.. that was a DD, but used the same type of dampening as an Ego.... ... the keep is the fact that the nipple bar has full range of motion and is held straight by the rubber give cushions.... the bottom give rubber on the Ego is worthless, but a rubber give on top is nice for dampening.. and to be able to change the cams and rubber give tension would be the perfect machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    So has anyone done any extensive lining with this machine? How is the vibration? I am looking for an eventual liner but maybe a pair of machines. I also wonder what the RPMs are on the motor as I want something fast and with set non adjustable give. This machine looks like a possibility.