Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: stigma beast

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    The first removable motor machine we designed was not the Halo. In late 2009 we introduced the first prototype that never made it in to production of what it was the origin of the Halo, Lots of pictures were posted in a few places. The motor of this machine actually screwed it a few turns (hence MotorBolt) When we were about to pull the plug and go full production I decided to redesigned everything because I came up with the idea of the 1/4 turn motor, completely cylindrical slider, Abar stabilizer....I took me another year to go before full production since at that time I was tattooing everyday and running two shops.
    Last edited by fkirons; 06-06-2013 at 08:45 PM.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

2. Like JoeyJimz liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the Hist, I cant wait to get mine im supper excited about the Halo I got rid of my Bishop just cause I knew I was gonna pick up that Halo lol..

Post Thanks / Like
    Back to the subject peeps. It's a stigma thread.

5. Like bluerocker liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    that no grommet no bands looks is quite attractive

Post Thanks / Like
    Humble as ever gaston!! actually guys the stigma removable motor is more of a plug in rather than fks twist bolt action...I have both and they work perfectly...the stigmas use like a rubber seal around the motor housing...its a nice solid fit and between the beast and the halo I would say the beast is equal to the halo with the give shut completely off on the halo for anyone who wants a comparison
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Post Thanks / Like
    but i can not change the damping by the beast like the Halo ! i use paper towels , silicon or delrin grommets to get different effects in my B&G

Post Thanks / Like
    Is the dampening on a hard grommet worth measuring or with folded towel?? I wouldnt say enough to make alit of difference...some machines with adjustable give dont really give realistically unless opened right up and the needles buried to the tube...running ya thumb over a machine and pushing up will show give on it but hiw hard ya press in to the skin....maybe I should have said the hit is similar being a good solid punch
    if goods on the left, then im sticking to the right

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to know Gaston. Have always wondered. As far as the beast, don't own one myself but know a couple of people who do that love it for lining. Also have read the same a few times on this forum. Definitely need to try one some day.

stigma I build Tattoo Machines
    Post Thanks / Like
    I am glad some of you guys like the Beast thanks and enjoy them.
    Now about the removable motor system , Neuma came with it first to the market , then Stigma and then Spectra. Probably Stigma and Spectra have been working parallel at the same time of period on removable motor systems , we at Stigma have been experimenting for a long time with Prototypes on systems with coupling , with magnets and with O-Rings and at the end we chosen the O-Ring version, the developing and testing took us about one year , this is not something that can be done in a few days.

Hey JoeyJims who are you ? do some homework before you decry.
    Hi Gaston correct me if I am wrong .
    Artemis from Stigma.

12. Like bluerocker liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by arte View Post
    I am glad some of you guys like the Beast thanks and enjoy them.
    Now about the removable motor system , Neuma came with it first to the market , then Stigma and then Spectra. Probably Stigma and Spectra have been working parallel at the same time of period on removable motor systems , we at Stigma have been experimenting for a long time with Prototypes on systems with coupling , with magnets and with O-Rings and at the end we chosen the O-Ring version, the developing and testing took us about one year , this is not something that can be done in a few days.

Hey JoeyJims who are you ? do some homework before you decry.
    Hi Gaston correct me if I am wrong .
    Artemis from Stigma.
    You correct. The Neuma was the machine that changed the game. Because of the neuma we have so many diversity of machines.
    Sad that they stop making or evolving that machine.
    Like Arte said we may have been working in parallel.

Arte can agree with us that the Spektra inspired him to evolve his idea especially in terms of refined design, one piece body and cylindrical slider
    Correct me if I'm wrong.