Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

FK Exactor Question

Hi guys i bought this lovely machine but sadly no certificate etc...Now i know Gaston sells this model in various set ups...Ive not used it yet but was wondering what set up its been made for? It has 20 back spring and 18 front...and a lightened A bar...The front spring looks kinda short...Is it a liner or a cutback shader????...
    Attached Images Attached Images

2. Like caglakhan liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I think thats a cutback shader based on the ones I had.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Taking all things into account. Angle of deflection, 20 on the rear, 18 "cutback" up front (with an o-ring fitted-which will increase the rigidity/lessen the flexibility, thus increasing the speed) add to that the stroke length, the lighter a-bar, it looks like it could be suited as a "Med speed" Liner.......However, depending on handspeed and Volts, it would make a perfectly fine Shader/B&G Machine.....

What is the hit like, and what volts/cps is it running unloaded just now ????? Info like this would make my guess slightly more informed,LOL...
    Last edited by skinmech; 05-28-2013 at 01:28 PM.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by skinmech View Post
    Taking all things into account. Angle of deflection, 20 on the rear, 18 "cutback" up front (with an o-ring fitted-which will increase the rigidity/lessen the flexibility, thus increasing the speed) add to that the stroke length, the lighter a-bar, it looks like it could be suited as a "Med speed" Liner.......However, depending on handspeed and Volts, it would make a perfectly fine Shader/B&G Machine.....

What is the hit like, and what volts/cps is it running unloaded just now ????? Info like this would make my guess slightly more informed,LOL...
    Paul i only got it today and its my day off so ive not run it yet....i will try it tomorrow buddy...

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool Mark,P.

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by elbo View Post
    Hi guys i bought this lovely machine but sadly no certificate etc...Now i know Gaston sells this model in various set ups...Ive not used it yet but was wondering what set up its been made for? It has 20 back spring and 18 front...and a lightened A bar...The front spring looks kinda short...Is it a liner or a cutback shader????...
    That one is set up as our Cutback Shader; but if you have any questions once you've had a chance to run it feel free to let me know! We'll also be able to re-tune it for you if you had a different set up in mind

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

8. Thanks caglakhan thanked for this post.
    Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Cheers Gaston...i been enjoying a Ali Pyro liner lately...ha ha ive even been doing some smooth B&G with it! but i also got a Pink Ali Pyro soft shader today....To be honest i tried Aluminium machines before and didnt get them?...but ive tried again and im impressed with the results...I think where i went wrong first time was i was listening to them and adjusting them trying to get the same sound/pitch that my iron coils make!...Dont know if that makes sense?...Now i use them as they were made and they work fantastic...

Post Thanks / Like
    Elbo my everyday liner was originally a exactor soft shader, tweak it for lining mate its perfect weight not to heavy not to light

Post Thanks / Like
    why not anymore budgie?

Post Thanks / Like
    chris because I got an aaron cain acantha jones and its looks pretty, but only use the cain for 3's really, the exactor i line 5 to 9's with most days and even on squishy places puts a nice line in.
    it is my fave FK frame