Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Post Thanks / Like
    yeah the gen 8 is a lil louder, but all my machines are louder with my t techs, lol

Post Thanks / Like
    but back on the topic of fk irons. lol. all the correspondence ive had with gaston has been stellar, they seem like an amazing company, really well grounded and sympathetic to the artist and his needs. nothing but good things to say thus far.

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm loving my Halo so far. Been using it mostly w/2.5 wheel for B&G. Used it for color the first time lastnight with the 3.6. on the ribs and worked well. I will say I expected more from the give. even 3 turns out its pretty stiff. But im used to my RW Springer w/ med spring. Haven't used it for lining yet though. I really want to try a FK coil for lining as I still use coil for lining 7's+, and use the RW for 3's n 5's.

Post Thanks / Like
    how much louder is the halo with the stay up spring removed and with the t tech grip and carts. getting my halo in a couple days. just wondering if there is a significant difference. I took the stay up spring out of my vivace and did not like the sound at all! but put in lighter silver spring instead of the red spring as an option of no spring at all and it works and sounds great. just want to know if it is similar with a halo. sound is important to me

Post Thanks / Like
    I really wish I had a better experience with it. So many people have good things to say about this machine but I guess it's just not for me. I do really want to try out their coils though.

Post Thanks / Like
    no insight on how much louder the halo is without the stay up spring and t tech? I just want to know if it still is a lil stealthy(not a remark about the machine with same name, lol)

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines fkirons's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cagelavey View Post
    no insight on how much louder the halo is without the stay up spring and t tech? I just want to know if it still is a lil stealthy(not a remark about the machine with same name, lol)
    It should not be louder once you run it with the cartridge, because the cartridge has a stay up srping. I use mine like that with RPG grip and it's barely humming.
    I've heard that the plunger that the t-tech use has some play and that causes noise on some machines. I don't use t-techs grips so I wouldn't be able to confirm.
    Once you remove the stay up spring on your Halo, the machine will run smother as the motor will have less load. If possible do not use a rubber band, if you have to, use only one.
    For Customer service please contact Kayleigh
    Email under "Contact Us" at fkirons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks gaston, cant wait till you guys open Monday so I can get this going! so pumped. anyway, thanks for all your help with everything, peace ninja!