Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like

Some japanese im working on.

Love jap work, mine is maybe not "traditional" japanese but love doing it anyway..
    Heres a sleeve and chest im working on at the moment
    Thisis a coverup of a tribal armband..
    Last edited by (Opted Out); 06-04-2013 at 09:25 AM.

2. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Another one here im working on, double coverup obviously in progress, black and grey this time.

4. Like John liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Critiques welcome people...

Post Thanks / Like
    You didn't put it in "tear me a new one" so I didn't know that you were open to critique. You need to study Japanese reference more. The scale work is done poorly, the 2 dragons almost look the same, the arm on the color one it almost right, the one in the unfinished one is too skinny, it looks like it was "freehanded" w/ no reference used. You can only see 1 arm per dragon, they have 4. Sometimes w/ positioning one leg might be covered or just partially seen, put you can't just leave out legs. It looks like you rushed through the clouds on the finished pice. The unfinished dragon has no throat. It looks like you went for big instead of right. All of those flowers should not go together. Just stick w/ one kind of flower & change the color if you have to. The color choices are good. I didn't point out all of these things to tear you a new one, these are just some of the things that are wrong w/ these tattoos. Like I said before, you need to study Japanese art & tattoos so that you can see the correct way of tattooing Japanese subjects.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The execution and colour work are good, I do think the head on both dragons should be bigger and more dynamic, when doing dragons it's the face and head that really need that wow factor. I don't think anyone draws a dragon better than Henning Jorgensen, not too fussy, just right.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys for the feedback will definetly apply this too my next japanese projects, the first dragon is actually from a horimouja sketchbook, but this is a sincere question serial 1313 when you say the scale work is done badly could you elaborate?.. Cheers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Scale size, arch size, & overall consistency.
    The sooner you don't care what other people think about you, the better off you will be. aerochild.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The second one:

The scales at the top of the arm - they change direction just under the cherry blossom, they sizes of the scales are all over the place.
    The head doesn't connect to the body properly - there's a gap.
    He gets thicker and thinner in spots - not sure what the spikes are.
    He only has one leg.
    The wind bars change direction.

Senior Moderator Deputy Sheriff The Limey's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Watch this and then this by Chris Garver, it might help bring a bit of character and proportion to your dragons. He has another about Koi too which will help you understand a little more about the flow of scales.
    Last edited by The Limey; 06-05-2013 at 01:14 AM.
    Play nice now people or your naughty posts will go in the Shit Box!

13. Thanks puffreis thanked for this post.
    Like puffreis liked this post.