Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    I also used the swashdrive whip to line, but with hard clip ran it at 12v..The cranker i use has the metal clip so no give but use silicone hose for that light give and i open up the needle loupe with scissors

Post Thanks / Like
    mini cranker all day. no worries on trenching or blow outs. it's a magic marker. i use my 4mm stroke cranker for all lining duties, anything from a single needle up to an 18rnd. it has never failed me.

3. Like Noa liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought the crankers slight dampening was too little to notice till i used a kubin direct drive orbiral spinner , that is true zero give

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The give comes from the rod that runs on the inside of the armature and also where the crank arm connects tobthe a bar has slight play

6. Like Neo liked this post.
    nicholasville and danville ky. we have two locations
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have an evo. Honestly I use it more for color packing. But I just haven't been able to find that sweet spot for lining (very likely me, not the machine) I can't speak for a kubins yet, since I haven't owned one yet. But, as of right now, my nedz mr01 is my go to liner. For some reason it just fits. The fact that it's driven by a spring not a piston seems to give it the extra punch that feels more natural to me. Coil like I guess. I will get a cranker soon, and it may just blow my mind., based on the never ending praise. But I can only speak from experience. Evolution vs nedz mr01..... I'm running the nedz. Hope you find what works well for you.

8. Thanks Heath thanked for this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    i have the hm , gen8 and the mc13 cranker and would say the cranker lines better as the hm because is run faster but you can get the same good lining with the gen8 at 8v and softest setting or with 6v and a light weightset .
    I like the gen8 more beacause it vibrates less ( i think the cranker vibrates a lot) and run smoother and cleaner ...the cranker is the only machine that splutter and fine mist produced.

Post Thanks / Like
    I"m loving my HM ADD for lining. Shit goes right in smooth and clean. I'm still really new to rotary and am also searching for what works for me. So far both my MC13 and HM ADD have been the tits for lining and color packing (though I still rely mostly on coil for lining). I agree with what was said above about having to really put it in the skin and more so with certain skin types.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by asa_castle View Post
    mini cranker all day. no worries on trenching or blow outs. it's a magic marker. i use my 4mm stroke cranker for all lining duties, anything from a single needle up to an 18rnd. it has never failed me.
    What settings and voltage do you use in the cranker?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have had both - I have 6 Kubins now... and traded the evo...

but we all tattoo different. I jsut found the Kubins more for me.

13. Thanks Heath thanked for this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    the mc13 has a lot of punch power like a coil... and there is some odd dampening provided because the nipple moves up and down a little bit when you press on it... they line great.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

15. Thanks Heath thanked for this post.