Post Thanks / Like

Special tech - playing up

Any guys out there with a Special Tech ( mines a carbon axis ) give me any advice - when my machine is running, it will without warning make a funny noise, kind of like its all loose and feels like it goes down on power - this lasts a few seconds then it all goes quiet and back to " normal "

I can't see anything and everything moves freely ??? The nylon guide screw and washer on the rear connecting plate was a little loose but makes no difference.

A tough problem to diagnose on a forum without hearing it but any help is appreciated.

It's an amazing liner and want it back working ASAP.

Thanks guys

Post Thanks / Like
    I would message them directly. I think on here somewhere they mentioned some part of the linkage can get worn and make noise. They might be able to ship you a new part.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines Brian's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Baldrick View Post
    Any guys out there with a Special Tech ( mines a carbon axis ) give me any advice - when my machine is running, it will without warning make a funny noise, kind of like its all loose and feels like it goes down on power - this lasts a few seconds then it all goes quiet and back to " normal "

I can't see anything and everything moves freely ??? The nylon guide screw and washer on the rear connecting plate was a little loose but makes no difference.

A tough problem to diagnose on a forum without hearing it but any help is appreciated.

It's an amazing liner and want it back working ASAP.

Thanks guys
    That is a tough problem for me to diagnose without actually experiencing it, I did have a bad motor kind of act like that once.. The Swiss motors are not immune to failure, I have had one bad out of the box so far.. I will certainly replace it if need be..

Post Thanks / Like
    Brian thanks for the PM and help, I think I've found the problem the pivot on the a bar had come loose, only a little but it was twisting.

Motor runs smooth, So far it's fixed the problem - just lined a whole back with it

If it happens again ill let you know.