Thread: joker portrait

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like

joker portrait

just got my hawk spirit in this week, first tattoo ive done with it. took a few to get the hang of it i was getting alot of dots and bars but i seemed to have figured things out. he wanted me to redraw Alex Ross' version of the Joker and make it my own. much fun!

2. Like casey, Wonderland liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice, this your first time using the hawk? what kind of ink and size needles did you use on this?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    ya was the first time using it.i was getting a shitload of bars and dots in my shading at first but i hung a little bit more needle out and that solved it quick.i really like it , it works really fast i think i did this is about 3 and a half-4 hours. i had no idea what volts to run at , i started around 10 volts then went down to around 9 and a half for most of the tattoo.

i used a 23 curved mag 13 curved mag and 9 round shader all cheyenne carts. i did a little bit of the small stuff in the teeth with a 5 liner and a coil machine. did the tattoo with eternal white and silver back 11 broke down with distilled. i want to try the new stupid black.