Post Thanks / Like

NeoTat vs Rapier 2

Hello all ..

loving this site. mostly i've been lurking but now i need your opinions. i want to upgrade from my Stealth machines and am in the market for a couple of new rotaries.

i'm between the NeoTat and the Rapier2. What do you recommend and why??

thx!

Administrator/The Site Owner The Sheriff Alie K's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    NeoTat are $280 ish. Ray is awesome. Great customer service. There are 3 different machines for 3 different jobs. NeoTats are great for layering. Don't know much about the rapiers. Have you considered Blitz rotary too? Love mine for nice solid color packing.

Post Thanks / Like
    NeoTats prices are definitely decent.

I don't know anything about Blitz rotary??

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a picture of it on my 'top drawer' entry. I probably have it posted in an album on my page too. Blitz (duh) makes them. Slams color in there really nicely. Blitz also makes some of the nicest steel tubes out there!

I hear TatSoul will be distributing them soon! You may be able to get one made just for you if you call John directly at Blitz Manufacturing. They used to make it in a naval brass rotary machine for a few bucks more than the aluminum one I have. I Love the machine, ordered the aluminum frame to save on weight. If I was buying purely for fashion over function I might have picked up the brass one. For what it's worth, I hear the brass frame is still pretty light.

What do you want to be able to do with your new machine?

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines tattooedpirate2's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm tattooedpirate2 and I am the inventor and manufacturer of The Rapier Tattoo Machines. I have 2 models in 3 strokes as well as my powerhouse The Blunderbuss Color Machine. Any Questions don't hesitate to ask. I'm only to happy to help.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey jdawg - both Ray from NeoTat and the 'tattooedpirate' of the rapier machines are now on the forum! Direct all those technical questions to those boys!

Daddio Dude I build Tattoo Machines rjdadio's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey jdawg,
    I'm Ray, the inventor and builder of the NeoTat machines, and I've been making them since 2004. When I went into the project, my design criteria was to make a quiet, lower vibration and powerful machine that was totally enclosed and easy to keep clean. Also I wanted to be rid of the rubberbands needed to stablize the needlebar..... the simple approach to a machine was a must, and I think I have done just that. FYI, the NeoTat is currently moving forward to certificaton as a medical device, and it may be the only tattoo machine that will meet the requirements of the medical community.....it's just amazing how many hospital applications there are for tattooing, and the other equipment in that market are way over priced.

Post Thanks / Like
    ray knows his sh!t man!!!!! neo tat por vida!