Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    i havent tried ttech carts but i was told by a few different tattooers that ink can get sucked up into the grip and into your drive and ruin your machine.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think that this is going to be a thread full of opinions and pointless arguments that are really meaningless. I'm gonna go back to painting as I don't have time get into it over this.. And the fact that I should prolly spend my free time doing art rather than worrying about shit that doesn't involve me...

3. Like nivek liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Nouveau Contour is a per manent cosmetic company that sells a cartridge with a membrane and made exactly like hawks carts. They have a patent on theirs as well. Why isn't cheyenne sueing them. My wife uses these and I have taken several apart. Made exactly like hawk carts.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Shawn they are one and the same owned by the large company of shareholders.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave View Post
    i havent tried ttech carts but i was told by a few different tattooers that ink can get sucked up into the grip and into your drive and ruin your machine.
    Hey Dave, I use both, i have yet to have one get sucked up into the tube at all. and its been about 6 months.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    the way i look at it..... Cheyenne nailed it so hard that this cartridge technology will become main stream or take at least half of the market... For rotary it makes all the sense in the world.. coils not so much.

That being said.... whoever invented the needle bar was copied to this day... When something revolutionizes an industry to such an extreme degree it will always be copied... improved, manipulated, etc etc....

Cheyenne does have a case... and it they were the same price as t tech.. i would buy Cheyenne all day long.. fact is ... t tech is pretty damn good and 1/3 the price

Cheyeene is wayyyyy overpriced... so fuck em ... if there is one thing that Walmart has taught us is that its a doggy dog world and capitalism is the law of the land.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

8. Like Deucalion liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Shawn View Post
    Nouveau Contour is a per manent cosmetic company that sells a cartridge with a membrane and made exactly like hawks carts. They have a patent on theirs as well. Why isn't cheyenne sueing them. My wife uses these and I have taken several apart. Made exactly like hawk carts.
    Now this is the point that I am surprised no one has stumbled upon. Now I can't remember the name of the parent company but is something like DKM or PDK or I dunno. The point is, they are a large cosmetic tattoo equipment manufacture. They own Cheyenne and some lower name brands as well. All of them mostly cosmetic. I believe they have two or three types of cartridges that only fit certain machines. Much like certain razors only fit certain handles. In all seriousness they most likely did invent the cosmetic cartridge and have since adapted it to tattooing.

Cheyenne has a cool system, just not for me. At the end of the day they are a cosmetic company making money off of the tattoo industry. Yes they have the patents, that's what big companies do. Big companies also try and stop innovation in. Markets that they dominate. Just look at all the regulations we have here in Germany. The funny thing is, that it has a lot more regulation on pigments and equipment than most places.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ok I found the parent company. Mt.Derm.

http://site.mtderm.de/english/

Post Thanks / Like
    Well excuse me ! I like both ttech and hawk carts. No need for us to argue about this shit on here. Let these companies take care of their buissness and we can take care of ours Tattooing!! Sorry I tried to stir the shit pot. Have fun wasting your time bickering back and forth I'm gonna go tattoo.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CajunDave View Post
    in an enclosed system like the hawk...this might be possible.
    but with any other rotary in which you can see the drive bar....this would be close to impossible....unless you were a complete idiot...because you could actually see the ink creeping up the bar

i have been using t-tech for about 6 months now....i haven't had a single problem.....i haven't even had any ink leak in any way...not even into the grip.
    Last edited by chris-in-cali; 06-26-2013 at 11:29 AM.