Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well maybe some good research should be done. Similar concepts have expire dates for monopoly. For example Razors have generic replacements after "x" years. There is some loophole for this as to create a free market. I believe it is 5 years but I haven't looked.

Also when Cheyenne ( Mt.Derm let's be honest ) allowed others to use the cartridge lock in their grips ( Inkjecta and others ) or even screw adapters for the official hawk grip, they are creating a standard. Once you establish a product as a standard you must fairly license that patent to people.

The patent work is so so convoluted, the only thing that I know it doesn't serve is the consumer. Without choice in a market there is no evolution of products. The hawk carts still don't come with normal needles and they have been out for at least 6 years now.

Granted I am not a patent expert or a lawyer, so don't take this as fact. Only opinionated, observation.

Post Thanks / Like
    But from what I understood ttech use different needles right ? For exemple i dislike bugpins, but ttech makes cartridges in #12 no ? long tapers and all that ? I have only used hawk cartridges when i had one, but I didn't care much for their liners at all. Does it make ok though since cheyenne isn't offering this product and no one else is ? Or should we better use another machine just for a special configuration, and maybe see their sales drop ? I m just wondering really, no sarcasm

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    But from what I understood ttech use different needles right ? For exemple i dislike bugpins, but ttech makes cartridges in #12 no ? long tapers and all that ? I have only used hawk cartridges when i had one, but I didn't care much for their liners at all. Does it make ok though since cheyenne isn't offering this product and no one else is ? Or should we better use another machine just for a special configuration, and maybe see their sales drop ? I m just wondering really, no sarcasm

That is the same point I was making about they want the market to stay how it is. They don't care about making normal needles, they don't tattoo. Bug pins are the standard for cosmetic tattooing ( my understanding ) and that is what they know. They Don't care that T-Tech offers options that they don't.

Post Thanks / Like
    oops yeah we posted at the same time ^^

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by aurelien View Post
    For sure the use of t-tech for hawks is keeping the sales of the machines/tubes up-infact one of the things most people did not like was the carts at first which kept the machine sales down-lol t-tech has done them a favor really.

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    For sure the use of t-tech for hawks is keeping the sales of the machines/tubes up-infact one of the things most people did not like was the carts at first which kept the machine sales down-lol t-tech has done them a favor really.
    Man! when you are right, you are so right!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mike has a patent on the centri. This machine has a lot of room for improvement. I can make a completely different looking machine with the same principles as the centri and also offer it at a better price point. You, as a consumer, would definitely benefit from this. He's not a big company either and has yet to go into production. Would it be a ripoff if I used his technology and expanded upon it? Definitely would be taking food out of his and his family's mouth. I personally don't have any cartridge machines or setup and wont support a product that fits cheyenne carts. Now that's just me. This topic has definitely hit a nerve with some of you. As much as I'd like to give my opinion on points that have been brought up, it seems further opinion from me will benefit no one at this point. I have respect for everyone here regardless of who you support whether it be cheyenne or TTECH. With that said, feel free to continue the conversation, but try to respect each others opinions.

Post Thanks / Like
    You have a valid point, the only thing is that I do use the cartidge system, plan on buying the one from fkirons also, but thats just my personal opinion on me liking them, a lot of people dont like the behind the scene stuff such between cheyenne and ttech but I use whats good for me.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Actually he did take it from aerospace tech and applied it to tattooing-and yes is a great guy and has a patent for his machine. But if someone can make a better more reliable model and it does not look like a exact clone while ripping the same makers name/description I dont see anything wrong with it.-It's called progress.Now if its no better or actually runs worse-this of course is not progress.I think if works and functions better and is a better product it would be stupid not to bring it to the table. Just as much as he has taken what others have come up with before him and not paid for it. So should it be allowed to be shared to better the idea behind it...

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by slicksteel View Post
    Actually he did take it from aerospace tech and applied it to tattooing-and yes is a great guy and has a patent for his machine. But if someone can make a better more reliable model and it does not look like a exact clone while ripping the same makers name/description I dont see anything wrong with it.-It's called progress.Now if its no better or actually runs worse-this of course is not progress.I think if works and functions better and is a better product it would be stupid not to bring it to the table. Just as much as he has taken what others have come up with before him and not paid for it. So should it be allowed to be shared to better the idea behind it...
    Ok, this will be my one last post for this topic lol. Sorry, couldn't resist. I guess it's because I build machines myself that I see things the way I do. As an artist, I would love to do that to have another kickass machine with no flaws. As a builder, I wouldn't be able to do that to Mike. He deserves to make his money off his invention regardless of where or how he was inspired to make his machine. Improvements to ideas can be patented so long as those ideas being improved upon aren't already patented. The people that came up with the ideas he's building upon have had time to make their money. Now is his time. I myself, am gonna respect that. The proper thing for me to do would be to license it from him and than improve upon it and then we both make money. If I did it any other way, it would be stealing. Patents are only granted to the specific industry to which you applied for. Someone can be inspired by the centri and apply the technology to fishing or biking or whatever and get a patent for it. With that said, as a consumer, I do understand where you're coming from and I do respect that. You wont be hearing me tell anyone not to buy TTECHs (and I haven't throughout this whole time) . I'm just speaking for myself. It's not my place to tell anyone to do anything. I hope you guys continue this conversation with respect to each other.