Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
    Post Thanks / Like

Spektra Halo power bogging

Anyone have their Halo bog down while unloaded? I've used it maybe 2 hours and during 1 of those 2 hours, I had it slowing down and speeding up, almost like surges. I had to stop using mid line work. I tried afterwards to see if it was the RCA cord or something else but it kept surging and cutting back. Took my gear home to try that and see if it was the electric there but the same thing. I was thinking it may just need to break in so i ran on auto for a lil bit and still bogging down then opening up, all with no needle. Any advice or something I'm missing before I send it in? It was purchased through Eikon. Thanks in advance.

Post Thanks / Like
    What about when your motor was out? Could it run normally without the body?

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Matt, thanks for replying. I didn't even think of doing that. I just ran it from 5-10 volts and it never did once bog down like it was when on the body of the machine. So, I'm guessing its the slide or something else that's sticking inside that's making it pulse.

Post Thanks / Like
    Talk to Keighley on the forum. Its actually real easy. I thought something similar was happening to a black halo I got and it came back cool. Hey also is it a new one with the new power slider?

Post Thanks / Like
    I don't think it has the new slider. Haven't been able to really check it out. Thanks again. Ill probably get in touch with them via email and wait for them to get back in from the holiday. I hope its a quick fix. I really dug it when it was running smoothly. heaven on the old mitts.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Its probably over lubed take it apart clean it all off use q tips to get inside and the re lube according to the youtube vid should slove your proble if its not something more major too much lube can def bog u down tho

Post Thanks / Like
    If a lighter application of lube doesn't work and you can't sort it out over the phone send it in! I've had a couple different similar problems w/ mine and they're good about taking care of it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks guys!

FK Irons/ Spektra Support fkirons_kayleigh's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey,
    Sorry for the delay! I was out of the office yesterday, but the guys on here pretty much hit the nail on the head... Just in case anyone else experiences the same issue:

From what you're describing there's 1 of 2 things that could be going on, so it should be a fairly easy fix.
    To figure out exactly what's going on I'd need to have you try to run the motor detached from the body and see if you are experiencing these "surges" while the motor is alone. If the motor runs fine on its own, but boggs down in the body, it's normally a lubrication issue…
    If the machines haven't been broken in, the grease lubricant that is used can build up and cause additional friction which is what will make it seem like the machine is speeding up and slowing down, but luckily it's an extremely quick fix to get the machines up and running 100% again.

All you'll need to do is add a couple of drops of the oil lubricant to the machine to cut down the friction of the grease as shown in this video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=REDrB...ature=youtu.be

This should fix up the issue, but in the rare case that you experience this issue with the motor alone then it could be an issue with the motor itself that we'd need to look at, but 99% of the time I've heard this happen it's been a simple lubrication fix

Feel free to contact me directly [email protected]
    or on the instagrams- @kayleigh_fkirons

10. Like tatu richie liked this post.
    Post Thanks / Like
    So cool, Thanks for the response. Truly great service as expected. I will try the fix tonight and let you know what I find.