Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: coilike rotary

Post Thanks / Like
    I have used a few Rotaries, and I reckon the Shercliffe, comes very close to a Coil Colour Machine.....Probs best described as a Fast running, Med hit, long throw Shader....

Post Thanks / Like
    For me what I've found is that 90 percent of the time coils shine with smaller groupings, one and three liners five mags up to baggy 9 liners and 9 mags maybe 11's. rotaries rock for 14 liners and coloring with mags bigger than 11 on any skin, I know there are exceptions but for the most part that is how it's starting to break down for me. And I have never felt the need to change the way I tattoo moving from a direct drive to a linear slide to a coil, so I never got the hype over coil like rotaries with the exception of not being able to bury the needle balls deep while lining with a direct drive. It seems like you can use the same strokes, lil circles, feathering back and forth, straight paint brush strokes. I also never had a problem with my nice coils losing tune, I've found it's usually my perception of what's wrong that's the problem and not my machine. The longer I tattoo the longer my machines stay in tune, it's funny how that happens. I guess what in trying to say is even though all the coils and rotaries work so differently, and feel differently, they all for the most part put ink into the skin relatively the same for me. Am I the only one that thinks this?

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Swashdrive gen 8 on softest setting with the light weight or the nedz with red spring both feel like a coil to me try opening the give all thr way up.on the halo and using a long hang its awesome and exactly how i tattoo with coils

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    All i have been using latley is my hawk thunder and if there is anoyone else who was like me and had a constant coil rotary coil rotary headache like me just buy a hawk thunder and say fuck it learn to use it then all thr skill is in your hand not what the machine does and nothing ever changes. also have yourself a brand new nice coil liner for those stressfull days where u need a breath of fresh air 90 percent of the time for me.tho is a no give rotary and going into no give autopilot

5. Like throwhammers liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    This is a pure curiosity thread ... but i do feel that the full give type of throw that a coil uses is the best for tattooing.... would be nice to see more technology emulating the coil, but actually improving it...
    what i mean is the non bogging at low volts, more volt range, built in braking like the centri.... I really love the centri technology.. i talked to the builder of centri last night, he said everything is ready to go, but something in his
    personal life if affecting his income so he is just saving up ... sounds like he needs an investor.

anyways i like the idea of centrifugal force actually pulling back on the hit, making it soft, and the ability to adjust the stroke size on the fly with just a turn of a screw.... fucking fantastic... i will check out
    some of the other machines u guys mentioned.
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines rotaryworks's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    mine almost there as close to a coil as i can get its feeling good almost there

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    The LOD can hit soft and short to long and hard and everything inbetween....all with just the touch of a button. That technology could deffinatly change everything. It really is pretty amazing.

9. Like joelhague liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yes and the lod is magnetic not rotary

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    LOD?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Account Removed at Users Request.
    Post Thanks / Like
    6v rotaryworks is so similar to a hard fast coil for lining... And then i think the halo is almost coil like when you back the give up a good 5 turns.. Good for b&g but if you back the give that much you can lose the punchyness you need for traditional complete saturation.