Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: coilike rotary

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rotaryworks View Post
    mine almost there as close to a coil as i can get its feeling good almost there
    Are you talking about your new machine?
    Owner/Artist @ Zodiac Tattoo Studio
    www.facebook.com/zodiac951

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by joelhague View Post
    Yes and the lod is magnetic not rotary
    Well coils are magnetic. .. and rotary motors use magnets... sooo yeah. Haha. But yeah its not a rotary.

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    I got something coming soon that's being tested and will be revealed soon that hits similar to a coil. Been working on this for almost 2 years now. Without revealing all aspects of the machine, here's an earlier picture without all the parts installed or any finish applied. Coming soon. And yes, vertical motor with gears, everything made in house except for motor and fasteners. I machine everything myself. I'm not a machinist by trade either. For now, I'm a one man show. Here's a sneak peak.
    . raven.jpg

4. Thanks dvdbrwn thanked for this post.
    Like dvdbrwn liked this post.
    Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines peezie's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    http://www.rotarytattoo.com/showthre...lier+prototype This thread shows the earliest prototype. When I posted this thread I was already about 6 months into the new design.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by crabink View Post
    LOD?

LOD - linear oscillating drive...............Another machine that looks like a Dildo ,I don't like it.

Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Lol why does everyone have dildos on the brain when they look at a pen style machine do yiu think of dildos when you look at a jumbo sharpie it reminds me of that movie where Jonah hill is drawing cocks all day and his parents wont even let him eat cock shaped foods all the best foods are shaped like cocks hahahahha good movie

Post Thanks / Like
    its simple, just use a coil machine

9. Like tattood liked this post.
    Knows Whats Up!
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by polynesianworks View Post
    its simple, just use a coil machine
    Well said..........and there aren't any that look like cocks or dildos,,,,,,,,,,or am I mistaken?

Post Thanks / Like
    the gen 8 and the halo both have coil like feel to them. you can adjust the give on both machines and don't have the excessive sound, limited single use of a coil making you need three machines. one rotary machine is all you'd need if you were so inclined, instead of having to buy a liner/color/shader. also no having to change springs, armatures, compacitors, coils, rotaries are completely maintenance free and a rotary will run the exact same way every time you pick it up. that's the one thing I hated about coils. I loved retuning my machines, putting on the springs, different armatures, etc., but that was just for the sheer enjoyment and satisfaction of that hum when you completed the task right. but unless you had an armature alignment tool, a spring tensioner gauge, and a spring alignment jig. it was real difficult to get your set up the exact same way every time you re-springed your machines. then you not only had to do this once but had to do it for each different machine. so i'd have to say that looking for a coil like machine is not just as simple as buying a coil. if you are looking for convenience, consistency, and low maintenance, there is a lot more that goes into owning a coil. imho. don't get me wrong like I said I love the sound of a really well tuned coil, and I do believe both coils and rotaries have their uses. but for all the above reasons, and the fact that I can have a conversation and listen to music at the same time without maxing out my voice or the radio is why I made the switch, and I have no regrets. so like I said the gen 8 and the halo, you would love them both and the gen 8 is one of the best liners I have ever used, coil or rotary, the halo lines like a beast too.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is not very often that I disagree with Peoples Points, However... I need to ask to ask you cagelavey...What Coil Machines are you running, and what Coil Machines you prefer....I have never made any pretence that Rotaries are easier to run than Coils....