Post Thanks / Like

New to this forum, From Guelph Ontario

Hey guys My name is Marc and im a coil user After posting in my status on facebook about some severe writs pain i was going through from tattooing Alie K wrote me about the benifits of rotaries an turned me onto this forum yay Alie! Ive always been weary of coils but after hearing her testimonials seeing her work and looking around at some great work done by other artist using "the dark side" I'm deciding to take the plunge. Ive Just ordered a critical cx2-r combo so when that comes in ill sell my eikon ems300 and some machines not in use to get some rotaries. The way i like my shaders to run is real soft and slow with allot of give and my liners i like to run fast and zippy with short stroke. Ive done some reading and some chatting and from what i can determine the dragonfly's and hyper 2's might be my best bet for shading and coloring and the rotary works machines or rapier 2's might be good for my lining.

As far as tattooing and art goes this is my story. Ive been drawing since i was old enough to hold a pencil but during high school and my drug years 15-20 i had sort a drawing hiatus. during those years I was busy getting drunk and working a "real" career as a HVAC Technician. Throughout my 4 years as an hvac technician i couldent stop thinking about how i wasted my art career and how lifting heavy furnaces, airconditioners, water heaters and fireplaces not to mention using heavy vibrating tools was ruining my hands and it was extreamly depressing. On day at one of my hvac jobs i got lucky or it was fate but i met a tattoo artist, we got talking and i told him how i used to be big into drawing and painting but hadent done it in years he told me if i was interested he was looking for an apprentice and i could drop by with my portfolio, so i did, and he took me on as his apprentice. The bad, Once i started to apprentice with him i started to realize how bad of an artist he was so i started drawing tattoos for his clients, he didnt like that too much and i was canned 6 months into my apprenticeship. After that i tattooed for a while from my house while still doing hvac. One day i told my hvac boss i was thinking of going to school in 6 months for art, he told me he was going to have to let me go because obviously my heart wasent in the right place. Luckily when he canned me there was an advertisement on kijiji for an artist wanted at a shop in Guelph,ontario just an hour from me in hamilton, so showed up to the interview with my top 10 pieces and got the job as the only artist in a really busy shop!!!! Ive been working there for about a year an a half and i love it!! In total id say I have about 2 years tattooing experience, but its been mostly alone so i havent had anyone to really teach me any new techniques or drawing styles. Eventually when my girlfriend finishes school in a couple years id like to find another shop to work at with other artists, somewhere i can learn!

Machine Builder I build Tattoo Machines slicksteel's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    nice to have you on board,lots of great talant on here! hope you like it!

SSI -SUPER SLICK IRONS-top shelf custom coil machines
    American Made Machines

[email protected]
    https://www.facebook.com/evanstattooing